Kota Junction railway station
|Indian Railway Junction Station|
|Location||Bhimganj Mandi, Railway Colony Rd, Railway station area, Kota, Rajasthan|
|Elevation||256 metres (840 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Kota railway division|
|Line(s)||New Delhi–Mumbai main line, Kota→Bina, Kota→Chanderia (Chittaurgarh-Ratlam) section|
|Structure type||Standard on-ground station|
|Division(s)||Kota railway division|
|Fare zone||West Central Railway zone|
Kota Junction railway station is a railway station on the West Central railway network of India which serves Kota in Rajasthan. It is the headquarters of Kota railway division of West Central Railway zone.
Kota is an important station on the New Delhi–Mumbai main line and has direct connectivity with all major cities in the country. More than 170 trains make a halt at the station. Many important trains originate from Kota including Kota - Damoh Passenger, Kota - Indore Intercity Express, Kota - Patna Express and Kota - Sriganganagar Express. Kota city is also served by another railway station called Dakaniya Talav station located in opposite of Rajeev Gandhi nagar in southern part of the city.
Kota is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway.
- KOTA JN. india rail info
- "Arrivals at Kota Junction". Indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "Arrivals at DKNT/Dakaniya Talav". Indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "New Railway zones to be functional from April 1". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. 31 March 2003.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kota Junction railway station.|
- Kota travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Rajasthan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|