Kota Kinabalu Line
The Kota Kinabalu Line (Malay: Laluan Kota Kinabalu) is a proposed light rapid transit (LRT) system network in Kota Kinabalu as one of the method to ease traffic congestion in the city. The proposal has been considered, and as been reported in the government website, the project was in the ground breaking process under the Kota Kinabalu development plan. The current under construction project of the Aeropod rail station in Tanjung Aru also has made a provision for LRT in their plan.
In early 2017, an assemblyman from Inanam Roland Chia have stressed the importance to have an LRT to solve the present traffic congestion in Kota Kinabalu which are getting worse, telling the federal government to look the example from other modern countries without waiting another years for the city population to reach one million. As a response, the state government is looking to study on the proposal with the state capital mayor said the project must be effective and has economic returns.
- "Is It Time for Kota Kinabalu to Have LRT?". Property Hunter. 14 July 2014. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Bus terminals cannot be completed in two years – Mayor". The Borneo Post. 16 July 2013. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Sabah perlu ada komuter, LRT, BRT" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. 23 October 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Ground Breaking Projects". Economic Planning Unit, Malaysia. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Provision for LRT in Aeropod project". Daily Express. 4 September 2015. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Leonard Alaza (11 April 2017). "KK must to have LRT: Chia". Daily Express. Archived from the original on 11 April 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Neil Chan (9 June 2017). "Detailed study for LRT system in KK: Mayor". Daily Express. Archived from the original on 9 June 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2017.