This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||1,793 m (5,883 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kotagiri is located at  It has an average elevation of 1793 meters (5882 ft)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Kotagiri town Panchayat has population of 28,207 of which 13,607 are males while 14,600 are females Population of Children aged 0-6 is 2,340 which is 8.30% of total population of Kotagiri (TP). In Kotagiri Town Panchayat, Female Sex Ratio is 1073 against state average of 996. Child Sex Ratio in Kotagiri is 945 compared to Tamil Nadu state average of 943. Literacy rate of Kotagiri city is 86.79% higher than state average of 80.09%. In Kotagiri, Male literacy is around 93.55% while female literacy rate is 80.57%.
Villages in Kotagiri Town Panchayat
- St. Jude's Public School & Junior College, Kotagiri
- C.S.I Higher Secondary School
- Government (Boys) Higher Secondary School
- Green Valley Matric School
- Hillfort Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- International Community School & Junior College
- Kotagiri Public School (CBSE)
- Pandiaraj Matric Higher Secondary School
- Riverside Public School
- St. Antony's Middle School
- St. Mary's Girls Higher Secondary School
- St. Marys Home School
- Viswa Santhi Vidyalaya Matric School
- PUPS deenatty
- "Kotagiri Population Census 2011". Census 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- OOTY, Jeevaraj, Srikanth, NIC. "Home: District of The Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, India". nilgiris.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kotagiri
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Kotagiri.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kotagiri.|