This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)
|• Type||Town panchayat|
|• Body||Kotagiri town panchayat|
|Elevation||1,847 m (6,060 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kotagiri is located at citation needed]. It has an average elevation of 1,847 m (6,060 ft).[
As of 2011[update] India census, Kotagiri town Panchayat has population of 28,207 of which 13,607 are males while 14,600 are females Population of Children aged 0–6 is 2,340 which is 8.30% of total population of Kotagiri (TP). In Kotagiri Town Panchayat, Female Sex Ratio is 1073 against state average of 996. Child Sex Ratio in Kotagiri is 945 compared to Tamil Nadu state average of 943. Literacy rate of Kotagiri city is 86.79% higher than state average of 80.09%. In Kotagiri, Male literacy is around 93.55% while female literacy rate is 80.57%.
Villages in Kotagiri Town Panchayat
- Green Valley Matriculation & Higher Secondary School (GVS), Kotagiri
- Kotagiri Public School (CBSE)
- Kaypeeyes College of Arts and Science (Bharathiar University)
- Pandiaraj Memorial Matriculation and Higher Secondary School, Kotagiri
- Riverside Public School, Kotagiri (ICSE)
- OOTY, Jeevaraj, Srikanth, NIC. "Home: District of The Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, India". nilgiris.nic.in. Retrieved 22 April 2016.