|• Body||Pune Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
411 038, 411 029
|Lok Sabha constituency||Pune|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kothrud|
Kothrud (Kothrud Baag during the Maratha Empire era) is an area in the city of Pune, in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Kothrud has experienced rapid growth and development in commercial and residential real estate. It was one of the fastest developing area in Asia in the 1980s. Kothrud's real estate prices are high, making the suburb one of Pune's upmarket areas. Kothrud saw Pune's first fly-over, at Paud Phata, which connected Karve Road to Paud Road. Landmarks in Kothrud include the Mrityunjaya Temple dating to Peshwa times.This is Also the residence place of Mastani.
Kothrud mainly consists of the areas around Paud Road and Karve Road. Paud Road begins at Paud Phata and leads to Paud through Chandni Chowk (on Katraj-Dehu Bypass). Karve Road begins in Deccan and ends at Warje.
The population is estimated to be around 250,000.
Kothrud is home to numerous information technology companies such as Harbinger Systems, Harbinger Knowledge Products and e-Zest Solutions. Kothrud is home to a minor manufacturing activity by Kirloskar Group and the Automotive Research Association of India. Many new age startups like StomatoBot Technologies, which automates CCTV Surveillance for proactive mobile alerts in near real-time, using Computer Vision and Deep Learning, have also propped up in Kothrud.
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kothrud is serviced by Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (Pune) and operates two main bus depots: Kothrud Depot and Kothrud Stand. Buses connect Kothrud to other parts of Pune like Nigdi, Hadapsar, Railway station and Swargate. A new terminus "Kumbre Park", located on the D.P. Road has also started operating PMPML buses to major parts of Pune City.
Kothrud is known for its educational institutions. It draws students in from across the Indian subcontinent, as well as from Asia and Africa. The large student population is an integral part of the economy and culture. Institutions:
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology
- Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Engineering
- MKSSS's Cummins College of Engineering for Women
- Sinhgad Spring Dale School
- MVM's Panditrao Agashe School, Law College Road
- Abhinava Vidyalaya English Medium School
- Bal Shikshan School
- Jog Vidyalaya
- New english School
- "One city, many faces". www.frontline.in.
- "Gera Pune Realty Report (JAN – JUNE' 14) Revises Price Increase Expectation for 2014 to be in the Region of 10% to 14% | Free Press Journal". www.freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Bhalerao, Sai. "Kothrud". Maps of India ./. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "How Kothrud in Pune is developing as a residential locality". Moneycontrol.
- Automotive Research Association of India
- "With an AI leg-up, machine eyes count vehicles one at a time — missing none | FactorDaily". FactorDaily. 4 January 2018. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- StomatoBot is one of the TECH 30 Startups - 2017 - YourStory’s pick of the top 30 technology startups from India, retrieved 25 June 2018