|• Body||Pune Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
411 038, 411 029
|Lok Sabha constituency||Pune|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kothrud|
Kothrud (Kothrud Baag during the Maratha Empire era) is a western suburb of the city of Pune, in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Originally a village, Kothrud experienced rapid growth in commercial and residential real estate. It was one of the fastest developing suburbs in Asia in the 1980s. Kothrud's real estate prices are high, making the suburb one of Pune's upmarket areas. Kothrud saw Pune's first fly-over, at Paud Phata, which connected Karve Road to Paud Road. Landmarks in Kothrud include the Mrityunjaya Temple dating to Peshwa times. 
Kothrud mainly consists of the areas around Paud Road and Karve Road. Paud Road begins at Paud Phata and leads to Paud through Chandni Chowk (on Katraj-Dehu Bypass). Karve Road begins in Deccan and ends at Warje.
The population is estimated to be around 250,000.
Kothrud is home to numerous information technology companies such as Harbinger Systems, Harbinger Knowledge Products and e-Zest Solutions. Kothrud is a minor manufacturing activity by Kirloskar Group and the Automotive Research Association of India. Many new age startups like StomatoBot Technologies, which automates CCTV Surveillance for proactive mobile alerts in near real-time, using Computer Vision and Deep Learning, have also propped up in Kothrud.
Kothrud is serviced by Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (Pune) and operates two main bus depots: Kothrud Depot and Kothrud Stand. Buses connect Kothrud to other parts of Pune like Nigdi, Hadapsar, Railway station and Swargate. A new terminus "Kumbre Park", located on the D.P. Road has also started operating PMPML buses to major parts of Pune City.
Kothrud is known for its educational institutions. It draws students in from across the Indian subcontinent, as well as from Asia and Africa. The large student population is an integral part of the economy and culture. Institutions:
- Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED), Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology
- Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Engineering
- MKSSS's Cummins College of Engineering for Women
- Eklavya College
- Late P. Jog College for Science and Commerce
- Maharashtra College Of Science and Commerce, Rambaug Colony
- New Law College, Bharati Vidyapllleeth Deemed University
- Abhinava Vidyalaya English Medium School
- Abhinava Vidyalaya Marathi Medium School
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Paranjape Vidya Mandir
- MVM's Panditrao Agashe School, Law College Road
- MES Bal Shikshan Mandir English Medium School, Mayur Colony
- City International School
- Jog High School, Mayur Colony
- Karnataka High School and Junior College
- Mahilashram High School
- Millennium National School
- New India School, Bhusari Colony
- Raja Shri Shivraj Pratishthan's New India School
- Shree Sadguru Baba Maharaj Sahastrabudhe Vidyamandir
- Vimal Vidya Kunj
- eMaestro Academy, Warje
- J.P.Naik Education Center
- Kaveri Educational Trust
- MES Institute of Management and Career Courses, Mayur Colony
- MIT Polytechnic
- Prakash Academy
Prominent hospitals include:
- Deoyani super speciality Hospital
- Jog Hospital, Paud Road
- Krishna Hospital, Paud Road
- Sahyadri Hospital, Vanaz
- Shashwat Hospital
- Sutar Hospital (run by the PMC), Kothrud Gaonthan
- Girija Nursing Home
It also includes some of the most renowned health clubs in Pune like Club Solaris, Gold Gym.
- City Pride Kothrud
- Yashwantrao Chavan Natya Gruha
- Big Bazaar
- Jai Hind
- Kothrud Bus Stand outlets
- Karishma society nearby outlets
- "One city, many faces". www.frontline.in.
- "Gera Pune Realty Report (JAN – JUNE' 14) Revises Price Increase Expectation for 2014 to be in the Region of 10% to 14% | Free Press Journal". www.freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- Bhalerao, Sai. "Kothrud". Maps of India ./. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "How Kothrud in Pune is developing as a residential locality". Moneycontrol.
- Automotive Research Association of India
- "With an AI leg-up, machine eyes count vehicles one at a time — missing none | FactorDaily". FactorDaily. 2018-01-04. Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- StomatoBot is one of the TECH 30 Startups - 2017 - YourStory’s pick of the top 30 technology startups from India, retrieved 2018-06-25