|• Body||Pune Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|PIN||411 038, 411 029|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Pune|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kothrud|
Kothrud (Kothrud Baag during the Maratha Empire era) is a western suburb of the city of Pune, in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Originally a village, Kothrud experienced rapid growth in commercial and residential real estate. It was one of the fastest developing suburbs in Asia in the 1980s. Kothrud's real estate prices are high, making the suburb one of Pune's upmarket areas. Kothrud saw Pune's first fly-over, at Paud Phata, which connected Karve Road to Paud Road. Landmarks in Kothrud include the Dashabhuja Temple and the Mrityunjaya Temple, both dating to Peshwa times. 
Kothrud mainly consists of the areas around simple Road and Karve Road. Paud Road begins at Paud Phata and leads to Paud through Chandni Chowk (on Katraj-Dehu Bypass). Karve Road begins in Deccan and ends at Warje.
The population is estimated to be around 250,000.
Kothrud is home to numerous information technology companies such as Persistent Systems, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, Harbinger Systems, Harbinger Knowledge Products, Synise Technologies and e-Zest Solutions. It houses the manufacturing plant of Cummins India, the producer of various engines and motors. Also located in Kothrud is a minor manufacturing activity by Kirloskar Group and the Automotive Research Association of India.
Kothrud is serviced by Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (Pune) and operates two main bus depots: Kothrud Depot and Kothrud Stand. Buses connect Kothrud to other parts of Pune like Nigdi, Hadapsar, Railway station and Swargate. A new terminus "Kumbre Park", located on the D.P. Road has also started operating PMPML buses to major parts of Pune City.
Kothrud is known for its educational institutions. It draws students in from across the Indian subcontinent, as well as from Asia and Africa. The large student population is an integral part of the economy and culture. Institutions:
- Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED), Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Raja Shri Shivraj Pratishthan's New India School
- Abhinava Vidyalaya English Medium School
- Abhinava Vidyalaya Marathi Medium School
- MVM's Panditrao Agashe School, Law College Road
- MES Bal Shikshan Mandir English Medium School, Mayur Colony
- MES Institute of Management and Career Courses, Mayur Colony
- Maharashtra College Of Science and Commerce, Rambaug Colony
- Jog High School, Mayur Colony
- Late P. Jog College for Science and Commerce
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology Engineering College
- MIT Management Institute
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Management Institute
- Eklavya College
- City International School
- MKSSS's Cummins College of Engineering for Women
- Kaveri Educational Trust
- Sanskriti School
- New India School, Bhusari Colony
- J.P.Naik Education Center
- Millennium National School
- Vimal Vidya Kunj
- Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College Of Engineering, Pune (MMCOE)
- Shree Sadguru Baba Maharaj Sahastrabudhe Vidyamandir
- Mahilashram High School
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Paranjape Vidya Mandir
- Prakash Academy
- Karnataka High School and Junior College
- MIT Polytechnic
- eMaestro Academy, Warje
Prominent hospitals include:
- Jog Hospital, Paud Road
- Sahyadri Hospital, Vanaz
- Krishna Hospital, Paud Road
- Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Erandwane
- Sutar Hospital (run by the PMC), Kothrud Gaonthan
- Abhinav Hospital
- Patel Hospital
- Shashwat Hospital
- Deoyani super speciality Hospital
- Sahawas Hospital, Karvenagar
- Girija Nursing Home
It also includes some of the most renowned health clubs in Pune like Club Solaris, Gold Gym, and Talwalkar's Gym.
- City Pride Kothrud
- Yashwantrao Chavan Natya Gruha
- MES Bal Shikshan Mandir Auditorium
- Karnataka High School's Kannada Sangha Auditorium
- Big Bazaar
- Jai Hind
- Kothrud Bus Stand outlets
- Karishma society nearby outlets
- "One city, many faces". www.frontline.in.
- "Gera Pune Realty Report (JAN – JUNE' 14) Revises Price Increase Expectation for 2014 to be in the Region of 10% to 14% | Free Press Journal". www.freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 2017-05-27.
- Bhalerao, Sai. "Kothrud". maps of india ./. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "How Kothrud in Pune is developing as a residential locality". Moneycontrol.
- Automotive Research Association of India