|• Body||Pune Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
411 038, 411 029
|Lok Sabha constituency||Pune|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kothrud|
The neighborhood is located to the West-Central region of the city. During the recent times, Kothrud has seen a rapid expansion as well as development in commercial and residential real estate. Landmarks in Kothrud include the Mrityunjaya Temple dating to Peshwa times. This is also the residence place of Mastani.
Several prominent citizens of Pune, who are active in Bollywood, Marathi Cinema, Media, Cricket and Politics reside in this area. Kothrud has expanded its territory to Karve Nagar and Dahanukar Colony in the South, Bavdhan / Chandani Chowk in the North and the West, whole of Erandwane in the East.
Kothrud primarily consists of areas around Paud Road and Karve Road. Paud Road begins at Paud Phata and leads to Paud through Chandni Chowk (on Katraj-Dehu Bypass). Karve Road begins in Deccan and ends at Warje. Kothrud, is one of the largest areas of Pune and its forest cover has been deeply impacted due the fast-paced growth and development of this area.
The population is estimated to be around 250,000.The major localities in Kothrud are Chandani Chowk, Bharti nagar, Sutardara and Jaybhawaninagar. Last two are slum areas.
Kothrud is home to numerous information technology companies such as Harbinger Systems, Harbinger Knowledge Products and e-Zest Solutions. Kothrud is home to a minor manufacturing activity by Kirloskar Group and the Automotive Research Association of India. Many new age startups like StomatoBot Technologies, which automates CCTV Surveillance for proactive mobile alerts in near real-time, using Computer Vision and Deep Learning, have also propped up in Kothrud.
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kothrud is connected by the Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited and operates two main bus depots: Kothrud Depot and Kothrud Stand. Buses connect Kothrud to other parts of Pune like Nigdi, Hadapsar, Railway station, Hadpsar, Swargate and upto Chakan and villages near Pune in Khed-Shivapur. A new terminus "Kumbre Park", located on the D.P. Road has also started operating PMPML buses to major parts of Pune City. Pune Metro will also be going through it, which is expected to completed by late 2021. There are major bus stands called a) Jaybhawani Nagar b) Nal stop c) Vanaz Corner from where you can travel from to. There is a massive network of roads but two play major role in trafficking and they are Paud Road and Karve Road. Karve Road connects Kothrud to the heart of city while Paud Road connects it to the outskirts of city like Bavdhan as well Pune's western border villages upto Mulashi.
Kothrud is known for its educational institutions. It draws students in from across the Indian subcontinent, as well as from Asia and Africa. The large student population is an integral part of the economy and culture. Institutions:
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology
- Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Engineering
- MKSSS's Cummins College of Engineering for Women
- Bharati Vidyapeeth English Medium School
- Abhinava Vidyalaya English Medium School
- Bal Shikshan School
- Jog Vidyalaya
- Paranjape Vidya Mandir
- Millennium National School
- City International School Kothrud
- MIT WORLD PEACE CENTRE
- New India School
- "Gera Pune Realty Report (JAN – JUNE' 14) Revises Price Increase Expectation for 2014 to be in the Region of 10% to 14% | Free Press Journal". www.freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Bhalerao, Sai. "Kothrud". Maps of India ./. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "How Kothrud in Pune is developing as a residential locality". Moneycontrol.
- Automotive Research Association of India
- "With an AI leg-up, machine eyes count vehicles one at a time — missing none | FactorDaily". FactorDaily. 4 January 2018. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- StomatoBot is one of the TECH 30 Startups - 2017 - YourStory’s pick of the top 30 technology startups from India, retrieved 25 June 2018