|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||1,260 m (4,130 ft)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Kotido is approximately 100 kilometres (62 mi), by road, northwest of Moroto, the largest town in the Karamoja sub-region. This is approximately 430 kilometres (270 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are 3°00'21.6"N, 34°06'45.0"E (Latitude:3.0060; Longitude:34.1125).
The 2002 national census estimated the population of the town of Kotido at 12,900. The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 21,500 in 2010. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 22,900.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of towne:
- offices of Kotido Town Council
- Kotido central market
- Kotido Airport, a civilian airport administered by the Civil Aviation Authority of Uganda
- onfluence of three major roads in the center of Kotido:
- Kaabong-Kotido road
- Kotido-Moroto road
- Kotido-Pader-Palwo road
- headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kotido.
- "Road Distance Between Moroto And Kotido With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Kotido With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Google (13 July 2015). "Location of Kotido At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kotido In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2014.