This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Body||Adichanalloor, Mayyanad|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kollam|
Kottiyam is one of the fast developing suburban towns located at the southern end of Kollam city in Kollam District, Kerala, India. Kottiyam is a thriving and fast developing commercial centre at the southern end of Kollam city.
Kottiyam Town is situatedon the National Highway 66 old[National Highway 47] between Kazhakoottam town and Kollam City. There are regular bus services from Kollam City. It is at a distance of around 12 km from City of Kollam and 11 km from Paravur Town.
Nearest major railway station is Kollam Junction. Mayyanad railway station is closer, but some passenger trains and a few express trains have halt there.
Nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport(60 km)
Kottiyam town and Adichanalloor Panchayath
Places of worship
Several Mosques, temples and churches are situated in this area:
Kottiyam Thazhuthala Ganapathi temple. Kottiyam Sree Mahavishnu temple.
Chempottu Durga & Bhadra Devi temple, kottiyam Umayanalloor subramanya temple( famous for ' Aana vaal pidi')
Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, Pullichira.
- Children's Friend High School, Kottiyam
- Children's Friend Lower Primary School, Kottiyam
- Nithya sahaya Matha Girls High School, Kottiyam
- Nithya sahaya Matha Lower Primary School, Kottiyam
- Auxilium ISC School, Kottiyam
- The King's School (Cambridge International School), Kottiyam
- Mannam Memorial NSS English Medium School, Kottiyam
- Trinity English Medium School& Play Wing, Kottiyam. Ph.No. 0474 2532968
- Thazhuthala Muslim UPS School, Kottiyam
- National public school Thazhuthala Mukhathala PO kollam
Ph. No .04742535425
Institutions For Higher Education
- S.N Polytechnic College, Kottiyam
SN Polytechnic college S.N.P.T.C was established in the year of 1957 by the Sree Narayana Trusts, Kollam under the initiative of the secretary, the late Sri.R.Sankar, former chief minister of Kerala.In the period 2006-07, the college celebrated its Golden Jubilee. is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (A.I.C.T.E) and is located in a 15-acre campus at Kottiyam, 12 km from the Kollam city. The college is located close to the Holy Cross Hospital. The college has more than 50 faculty and 750 students.
Arts & Science College
MMNSS College Kottiyam was started in 1981 by the Nair Service Society in memory of its founder, Shri. Mannathu Padmanabhan. It was recognized by the University Grants Commission in 2004. As part of its extension activities, the Women’s Cell, NSS and NCC units engage in free Eye testing and blood donation camps for the socially backward people of the neighbouring villages. The students have also set up a herbal garden. Though a small college, its teams in shuttle badminton, chess, cricket and football have been doing well in the intercollegiate level. The development goals set by the college for the next five years include Language lab for English, Office and Library automation and better laboratories for science subjects.
- Holy Cross College of Nursing, Kottiyam, Kollam
Sn trust pvt ITI KOTTIYAM
- Bharath Matha ITI, Kottiyam
- Children's Friend Teachers Training Institute, Kottiyam
- Haneefa Kunju Memorial College Of Education, Kottiyam (Self Financing)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kottiyam.|