|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bishnupur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Katulpur|
Kotlu Khan of Garh Mandaran, then capital of the local kingdom, was killed in a war, in the Mughal era. Kotulpur was named after him.
As per 2011 Census of India Kotulpur had a total population of 8,483 of which 4,280 (50%) were males and 4,203 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 759. The total number of literates in Kotulpur was 6,653 (86.13% of the population over 6 years).
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Kotulpur CD Block are located at Kotulpur.
Kotulpur Rural Hospital functions as the central facility in Kotulpur CD Block, with six Public Health Centres at Lawgram, Mirjapur, Sihar, Deshra, Lego and Gopinathpur and 31 subcentres.
- "Kotulpur PS". Bankura District Police. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Bankura". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "District Census Handbook: Bankura" (PDF). Map of Bankura with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Status of Health and FW Services in Bankura District". Chief Medical Officer of Health, Bankura. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|