Kouhrang 3 Dam
|Kouhrang 3 Dam|
Location of Kouhrang 3 Dam in Iran
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Arch|
|Height||135 m (443 ft)|
|Length||235 m (771 ft)|
|Width (crest)||5 m (16 ft)|
|Width (base)||23 m (75 ft)|
|Total capacity||650,000,000 m3 (526,964 acre·ft)|
The Kouhrang 3 Dam is an arch dam currently under construction on the Kouhrang River in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari Province, Iran. It is located about 12 km (7.5 mi) northwest of Dashtak. The purpose of the dam is water supply and river regulation. Upstream of the dam will be the intake for the 23 km (14 mi) Kouhrang 3 Tunnel which will transfer water northeast to the Zayandeh River for use in major cities like Isfahan. Sabir Co. was awarded the contract for the dam's construction in February 2011 and construction began that same year. The diversion tunnels for the dam were completed in March 2013. The project is scheduled for completed in 2015.
- Kouhrang 1 Dam – upstream, feeds water into the Kouhrang 1 tunnel
- Kouhrang 2 Dam – upstream, feeds water into the Kouhrang 2 tunnel
- "Dam Kouhrang 3" (in Persian). Sabir. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Kouhrang III Water Transmission Tunnel". Tablieh. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Transfer of Koohrang Valley water to Zayandehrood Valley (Koohrang 3 Tunnel)" (in Persian). Iran Ministry of Energy. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Signing a contract worth more than 830 billion riyals dam Koohrang 3" (in Persian). Saba. 16 February 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "River diversion dam operations Byrgan for Koohrang 3 was" (in Persian). WNN Iran. 17 March 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2014.