Kardashian in May 2009
Kourtney Mary Kardashian
April 18, 1979
|Residence||Calabasas, California, U.S.|
|Other names||Gayane (Armenian Orthodox baptismal name)|
|Education||Marymount High School|
|Alma mater||University of Arizona|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)|
|Television||Keeping Up with the Kardashians|
|Partner(s)||Scott Disick (2006–2015)|
Kourtney Mary Kardashian (born April 18, 1979) is an American media personality, socialite, businesswoman, model, and author. In 2007, she and her family began starring in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Its success led to the creation of spin-offs including Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami  and Kourtney and Kim Take New York.
With sisters Kim and Khloé, Kourtney is involved in the retail and fashion industries. They have launched several clothing collections and fragrances, and additionally released the book Kardashian Konfidential in 2010. Kourtney launched her own website called 'Poosh' in early 2019.
Kourtney and her siblings are popular on social media and endorse products such as waist slimming pants, beauty products, Coca-Cola and prescription drugs, for which they are paid (as of 2016) between $75,000 and $300,000 per post on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as per CBC Marketplace.
Kourtney Mary Kardashian was born in Los Angeles, California on April 18, 1979 to Robert and Kris. She has two younger sisters, Kim and Khloé, and a younger brother, Robert (Rob). In 1991, her parents got divorced and her mother married Bruce Jenner, a 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner (Jenner later changed her name to Caitlyn[a]) in 1991. Through their marriage, Kardashian gained stepbrothers Burton "Burt", Brandon, and Brody; stepsister Casey; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie.
She attended Marymount High School, a Roman Catholic all-girls school in Los Angeles. Following graduation, she moved to Dallas, Texas, to attend Southern Methodist University for two years. Kourtney then lived in Tucson, Arizona, where she graduated from the University of Arizona with a bachelor's degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Spanish. Her classmates included Nicole Richie and Luke Walton. In 1994, her father garnered public attention as an additional defense lawyer for football player O.J. Simpson during his murder trial.
Kourtney first became known to reality-television audiences on the 2005 series, Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive, on which she earned money for charity. In February 2007, a sex tape made by her sister Kim and former boyfriend Ray J in 2003, Kim Kardashian, Superstar, was leaked, which largely contributed to her rise to prominence. Later that year, Kourtney, in addition to her mother Kris; her stepfather Bruce (now known as Caitlyn); her siblings Kim, Khloé, and Rob; and half-sisters Kendall and Kylie were commissioned to star in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The series proved successful for E!, the network on which it is broadcast, and lead to several spin-offs, including Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, Khloé & Lamar, and Kourtney and Kim Take New York .
Kourtney and her mother opened children's clothing boutiques called Smooch in the Los Angeles area and New York City; the boutiques carry the brand Crib Rock Couture. With sisters Kim and Khloe, Kardashian co-owns and operates D-A-S-H, a clothing boutique in Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, and a pop-up store in the Hamptons.
In the spring of 2010, Kourtney and her sisters released a clothing line for Bebe. In August 2010, Kourtney announced that she and her sisters were working on another clothing line called K-Dash, sold on QVC. Kardashian and her sisters created a sunless tanner called Kardashian Glamour Tan in 2010. Kardashian wrote the book Kardashian Konfidential with her sisters Khloe and Kim; it was released in November 2010.
Kourtney made her acting debut with a guest appearance on the ABC soap One Life to Live on March 28, 2011, appearing as attorney Kassandra Kavanaugh. Kardashian, who had grown up watching the soap opera and described her appearance as the realization of a "lifelong dream," had reservations about her acting debut, stating: "I'd thought I'd only have two lines. But my script is so long... I'm not an actress." Her performance was met with negative reviews from critics. In September 2012, she and younger sister Kim created another spinoff reality television series, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, which began airing in January 2013. It features their mother Kris Jenner and sister Khloé Kardashian.
Kourtney, Khloé, and Kim were spokeswomen for the diet supplement Quick Trim, for weight loss. In March 2012 the three sisters were named in a $5 million class-action lawsuit against QuickTrim. The complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, accused the Kardashians, along with QuickTrim's manufacturer Windmill Health Products; the retailer GNC; and others in the sales and marketing chain, of false and deceptive marketing. The plaintiffs, from several states, brought claims under their respective states' consumer protection laws.
Kardashian also represents the skincare line PerfectSkin with her sisters, which was developed by Dr. Ron DiSalvo for Perfect Science Labs. The three sisters also released a 20-piece collection of jewelry line for the company Virgins, Saints, and Angels, in March 2010. The jewelry is reflective of their partial Armenian background. In 2017, Kourtney launched her first solo fashion line as part of a collaboration with the site PrettyLittleThing. According to the website, the 32-piece line was inspired by Studio 54, classical Hollywood cinema, and the 1970s.
On March 5, 2019, Kardashian released her new website named Poosh.
Kardashian dated Scott Disick from 2006 to 2015. The two met at mutual friend Joe Francis's house party in Mexico. Kardashian has three children with Disick: son Mason Dash (born December 14, 2009), daughter Penelope Scotland (born July 8, 2012), and son Reign Aston (born December 14, 2014).
Kardashian and Disick's on-again, off-again relationship has been shown on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and its numerous spin offs. Kardashian's pregnancies and the births of all three of her children have also been featured on the show.
In early 2010, the couple temporarily moved to Miami with their son and Kourtney's sister Kim. During this time, Kourtney believed Disick had an alcohol problem. After regularly attending therapy and temporarily giving up alcohol, Disick and Kourtney reconciled and they continued their relationship in mid-2010.
In 2011, during the final episode in the first season of Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Disick purchased an engagement ring and planned to propose to Kourtney during an evening meal in New York City. However, when Disick asked Kourtney's opinion on marriage, she responded with, "If things are so good now...why would we want to change that?", so he did not propose.
In October 2019 Kardashian and her children were baptized in an Armenian Apostolic ceremony at the Etchmiadzin Cathedral in Vagharshapat, Armenia. During the ceremony, she was christened with the Armenian name Gayane.
As television actress
|2011||One Life to Live||Kassandra Kavanaugh||TV series (1 episode)|
As herself on reality TV
|2005||Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive||TV series|
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||TV series|
|2009–2010||Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami||TV series|
|2011–2012||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||TV series|
|2011–2012||Khloé & Lamar||Guest star, 4 episodes|
|2013||Kourtney and Kim Take Miami||TV series|
|2014–2015||Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons||TV series|
|2015||I Am Cait||2 episodes|
|2015||Dash Dolls||Executive producer & recurring role|
|2019||Flip It Like Disick||Guest appearance (1 episode)|
- Kardashian, Kim; Kardashian, Kourtney; Kardashian, Khloé (2010). Kardashian Konfidential. St. Martin's Press. ISBN 0-312-62807-2.
- Mackelden, Amy (May 6, 2017). "Kourtney Kardashian Wants Her Wikipedia Page Updated". Marie Claire. Hearst Communications, Inc. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Breaking News - E!'s "Kourtney & Kim Take Miami" Follows the Sisters to the Tropical Climate of Miami When the Series Premieres January 2013 - TheFutonCritic.com". www.thefutoncritic.com.
- "Look Out, New York: Here Comes E!'s New Kardashian Show". eonline.com. October 4, 2010.
- "How celebrities like Kim Kardashian are selling you ads and products". CBC News. November 11, 2016. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- Walden, Celia; Caulfield, Professor Timothy (May 9, 2015). "Is Gwyneth Paltrow wrong about everything?". The Telegraph. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- Caulfield, Timothy (January 13, 2015). Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?: When Celebrity Culture and Science Clash Hardcover. Toronto: Viking. ISBN 067006758X.
- "Kourtney Mary Kardashian, Born 4/18/1979 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Nick Sagimbeni (January 10, 2013). "Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Robert, Kylie and Kendall Kardashian". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Bissinger, Buzz (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Jenner-Kardashian". The Day. New London, Connecticut. April 23, 1991. p. A2. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Jeff Mayish (May 1, 2013). "Ex-nanny to the Kardashians reveals Kris Jenner's temper and an O.J. Simpson trial kidnap scare". Daily News. New York. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Biography". Askmen.com. Archived from the original on April 21, 2012. Retrieved May 1, 2008.
- "Kim Kardashian on Sex Tape: 'A Tape Does Exist'". Extra. NBCUniversal. February 7, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Ray J Sends 'Love & Congratulations' To Kim Kardashian & Kanye West". Access Hollywood. NBCUniversal. July 8, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Weisman, Aly (June 1, 2015). "Bruce Jenner emerges as a woman on the cover of Vanity Fair: 'Call me Caitlyn'". Business Insider. Retrieved June 25, 2015.
- Kimberly Nordyke (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Karen (August 16, 2013). "Scott Disick is the Father of Mason Disick!". Las Vegas Guardian Express. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Dziemianowicz, Joe (October 21, 2009). "Kardashian Sisters Team Up with Bebe to Create Clothing Line". New York Daily News. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Quintanilla, Michael (May 13, 2010). "Kardashian Sisters Get Stylish and Sexy with Bebe". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Kwan, Amanda (February 17, 2010). "Kardashians Show Off Legs in Bebe Collaboration". The Seattle Times. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- Odell, Amy (August 27, 2010). "The Kardashians Collaborated With Janie Bryant on a Clothing Line". New York. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- Quenqua, Douglas (June 2, 2010). "'Jersey Shore,' Without the Sun". The New York Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Kim, Khloe and Kourtney to Write a Book: Kardashian Konfidential". UsMagazine.com.
- Marc Malkin (November 10, 2010). "Kourtney Kardashian's New Job: Drama Queen!". ca.eonline.com. Retrieved November 14, 2010.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Acting Debut on One Life to Live". People. Time Inc. March 30, 2011. Archived from the original on February 14, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Schuttle, Lauren (March 29, 2011). "Kourtney Kardashian Makes 'One Life to Live' Debut". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Kris Jenner Defends Kourtney Kardashian's Acting Debut". Access Hollywood. March 31, 2011. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Vena, Jocelyn (September 17, 2012). "'Kourtney & Kim Take Miami' Returns With New Kardashian Additions". MTV News. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Kardashian Sisters Sued over Endorsement of Weight-Loss Product - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. March 5, 2012. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "In Time for Bikini Season, Kardashians Face Lawsuit Over Endorsement of Diet Aids". The National Law Review. Ifrah Law. July 8, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "PerfectSkin". PerfectSkinnow.com. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- Moore, Booth; Critic, Fashion (May 2, 2010). "Celebrities and Jewelry: Learning Their Lines". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Frey, Kaitlyn (October 25, 2017). "Kourtney Kardashian's First Clothing Collection for PrettyLittleThing Got Kim and Khloé's 'Stamp of Approval'". People. Retrieved July 28, 2018.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Is Launching a Brand Called Poosh". March 4, 2019. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- Macatee, Rebecca (July 6, 2015). "Kourtney Kardashian Breaks Up With Scott Disick: She "Has to Do What's Best for the Kids"". E! Online. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- Blumm, K.C. (March 27, 2015). "Kourtney Kardashian Posts Flashback Photo of the Night She Met Scott Disick". People. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Stephen M. Silverman (July 9, 2012). "Kourtney Kardashian & Scott a Disick Have a Baby Girl". People. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Kardashian sisters talk fashion and their Scottish links". Daily Record. November 9, 2012. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Corriston, Michele; Garcia, Jennifer (December 21, 2014). "Kourtney Kardashian Names Son Reign Aston". People. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Hefa, Kiran (February 22, 2010). "Keeping Up with the Kardashians: Baby Mason Arrives!". People. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Piazza, Jo (December 14, 2009). "Reality TV star Kourtney Kardashian welcomes a baby boy". CNN. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Gina Serpe (November 30, 2011). "Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick: Anatomy of a Baby-Making Duo!". E!. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Life & Style Exclusive: Scott Disick Buys An Engagement Ring!". Life and Style Magazine. October 26, 2011. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kourtney Kardashian.|