|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Elevation||632 m (2,073 ft)|
|Population (2001) area_magnitude= sq. km|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kovur is located at (15.216667, 79.91666). Its surrounding Villages are Muppalla, SingaraguntaBotlaPalem, Patha SingaraguntaBotlaPalem, Pandalapadu, Jillelamoodi, NarisettyvariPalem and YerraguntaPalem.
- Winter: January and February
- Summer: March to June
- South West Monsoons - July to September
- North East Monsoons - October to December
As of the 2001 India census, Kovur had a population of 2,700. Males constitute 50.08% of the population and females 49.19%. The village has an average literacy rate of 41.5.The literacy rate of males in the village is 72% while that of females is 55%.
The village is a part of the Kandukur assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There were a total of 176,773 registered voters in the Kandukur constituency in the 1999 elections, and there are 1,500 registered voters in Kovur.
- 2013 N Malyadri
- 2006-2013 china venkaiah
- 1988-2005 Nadella Venkata Subba Rao.
- 1982-1988 Konka Venkata Subbaiah .
- 1975 kakumani Kondiah.
*1960-1975 Male Rami Reddy .
Kovur has six Govt. Schools (l.k.g to 7th Class). These schools had served so many people around Kandukur and A.P. who are in various positions in Government and Private Organisations. 
Kovur is famous for its agriculture, particularly tobacco farming. Kandukur Region is one the regions where the bright quality (Varginia) Tobacco is cultivated. CTRI (Central Tobacco Research Institute) has been set up in Kandukur for the research on the tobacco.
- Kovur has APSRTC Bus service from Kandukur and more than 12 Autos serving the people for their daily needs.
- Nearest Railway Station is Singarayakonda.
- The nearest International Airport is about 250 km North in Vijayawada from kovur. Land acquisition is going on for the construction of a new airport 50 km from Kovur(i.e. Ongole).
All major Telugu news papers like Sakshi, Eenadu, AndhraJyothi and Vaartha are read, which are published from Ongole. The popular TV Channels are statewide Telugu cable channels Gemini, Maa TV, ETV, Teja and all other news channels, Hindi, English Movie channels, Local cable channels are available.