A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||The Netherlands|
|Key people||Seyyed Mohammad Miri (CEO)|
|Publication types||Open access scientific journals|
|No. of employees||30 (in 2019)|
Kowsar is an STM publishing company which was founded in 2002 by S.M. Miri and Seyed-Moayed Alavian. Kowsar journals have been peer reviewed and are published open access under a Creative Commons Attribution License Non Commercial 4.0. The company is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
The publisher has been included in several studies of predatory journals, and was included on Beall's List prior to its shutdown in 2017. In 2018, PubMed Central conducted a re-evaluation of 16 Kowsar journals indexed in the database; 14 were found to "no longer satisfy PMC's Scientific Quality Standard" and were accordingly delisted.
List of journals
The first journal published by Kowsar was Hepatitis Monthly. As of October 2019, Kowsar publishes 49 journals. It has published more in the past. The following journals are or were published by Kowsar.
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Annals of Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Annals of Military and Health Sciences Research
- Archives of Clinical Infectious Diseases
- Archives of Critical Care Medicine
- Archives of Neuroscience
- Archives of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Archives of Razi Institute
- Archives of Trauma Research
- Asian Journal of Sports Medicine
- Dental Clinical and Experimental Journal
- Educational Research in Medical Sciences Journal
- Gene Cell Tissue
- Health Scope
- Hepatitis Monthly
- Hormozgan Medical Journal
- International Journal of Cancer Management
- International Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- International Journal of Health and Life Sciences
- International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction
- International Journal of Infection
- International Journal of Sport Studies for Health
- Iranian Journal of Orthodontics
- Iranian Journal of Pediatrics
- Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Iranian Journal of Radiology
- Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal
- Jentashapir Journal of Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Journal of Archives in Military Medicine
- Journal of Clinical Research in Paramedical Sciences
- Journal of Comprehensive Pediatrics
- Journal of Kermanshah University of Medical Science
- Journal of Minimally Invasive Surgical Sciences
- Journal of Skin and Stem Cell
- Jundishapur Journal of Chronic Disease Care
- Jundishapur Journal of Health Sciences
- Jundishapur Journal of Microbiology
- Jundishapur Journal of Natural Pharmaceutical Products
- Medical – Surgical Nursing Journal
- Middle East Journal of Rehabilitation and Health
- Modern Care Journal
- Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Annals
- Nephro-Urology Monthly
- Nursing Midwifery Studies
- Reports of Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Research in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Shiraz E Medical Journal
- Social Pharmacy
- Strides in Development of Medical Education
- Trauma Monthly
- Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences
- "Kowsar Publishing". www.kowsarpub.com. 1 September 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "Open Access Statement & Copyright Policy". 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "COPE: KOWSAR, 56 Member Journals". Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- Manca, Andrea; Martinez, Gianluca; Cugusi, Lucia; Dragone, Daniele; Dvir, Zeevi; Deriu, Franca (June 2017). "The surge of predatory open-access in neurosciences and neurology". Neuroscience. 353: 166–173. doi:10.1016/j.neuroscience.2017.04.014. PMID 28433651.
- Gasparyan, Armen Yuri; Nurmashev, Bekaidar; Voronov, Alexander A.; Gerasimov, Alexey N.; Koroleva, Anna M.; Kitas, George D. (2016). "The Pressure to Publish More and the Scope of Predatory Publishing Activities". Journal of Korean Medical Science. 31 (12): 1874–1878. doi:10.3346/jkms.2016.31.12.1874. PMC 5102848. PMID 27822923.
- "Beall's List of Predatory Journals and Publishers".
- McCook, Alison (2 April 2018). "In unusual move, gov't database delists 14 journals from one publisher". Retraction Watch. Retrieved 26 October 2019.
- "List of Kowsar Journals". Retrieved 26 October 2019.