View of Kozagawa
Location of Kozagawa in Wakayama Prefecture
|• Mayor||Takeo Takeda (since July 2008)|
|• Total||294.52 km2 (113.71 sq mi)|
|Population (October 1, 2016)|
|• Density||9.3/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Cryptomeria japonica|
|• Flower||Prunus jamasakura|
|• Bird||Cettia diphone|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||Takaike 673-2, Kozagawa Town, Higashi-Muro District, Wakayama Prefecture (和歌山県東牟婁郡古座川町高池673－２)
This town is located in a mauntainous region of southern part of Kii Peninsula.
In this town, the forestry is prosperous.
The total area of Kozagawa Town is the second largest in Wakayama Prefecture.
The population of Kozagawa Town is the second smallest in Wakayama Prefecture.
Because of warm and wet climate, from ancient times, good-quality woods, called "Kozagawa-Zai(古座川材)", have been produced.
- In 1889, the municipality organization system was enforced:
- Takaike Village (高池村) - (merger of Takagawara Village, Ikenoguchi Village, Ikenoyama Village, Kusu Village, Utsuki Village, Tsukinose Village, and Kashiyama Village).
- Myojin Village (明神村) - (merger of Nakazaki Village, Aise Village, Tachiaigawa Village, Tsurugawa Village, Ichiburi Village, Oh'yanagi Village, Uruno Village, Tachiai Village, Shimonaka Village, Kawaguchi Village, Takase Village, Nukumi Village, and Mine Village).
- Mitogawa Village (三尾川村) - (merger of Mitogawa Village, Nabera Village, Ohkawa Village, Nagaoi Village, Utsuo Village, Hinatagawa Village, and Kurozu Village).
- Kogawa Village (小川村) - (merger of Choutsuo Village, Ohkuwa Village, Nishiakagi Village, Tagawa Village, Komorigawa Village, Uzutsui Village, Sarugawa Village, and Yamate Village).
- Shichigawa Village (七川村) - (merger of Nishikawa Village, Shimotsuyu Village, Narukawa Village, Matsune Village, Hirai Village, Inodani Village, Sada Village, and Soinogawa Village).
- In 1900, Takaike Village became Takaike Town.
- On March 31, 1956, Takaike Town, Myojin Village, Mitogawa Village, Kogawa Village, and Shichigawa Village merged and became Kozagawa Town.
The present townmayor is Takeo Takeda(武田丈夫)(2008- ).
According to the census of 2005, 162 people engage in primary industry, 196 people engage in secondary industry, and 927 people engage in third industry.
the local speciality of this town is Yuzu.
- Kozagawa-no-Ichimaiiwa Rock
- Takinohai Falls
- Maboroshi-no-taki Falls
- Shichikawa Dam
- Kozagawa Gorge
- Tsukinose Hotspring
- Yunohana Hotspring
- national routes
- main prefectural roads
- Prefectural Road 38
- Prefectural Road 39
- Prefectural Road 43
- Prefectural Road 229
- Kozagawa Town Bus (called "Kozagawa-cho-Furusato-bus)
Persons from Kozagawa Town
- Shingo Tatsumi (巽真吾)(a pro baseballplayer)
- Yukihisa Shimada (嶋田幸久)(a biologist, professor of Yokohama City University)(his mother is from Kozagawa)
|This Wakayama location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|