Kozyndan is the joint pseudonym of Los Angeles-based husband-and-wife illustrator team Kozue and Dan Kitchens, known in particular for their whimsical and occasionally absurd illustrations of modern cityscapes.
Education and background
The pair met while majoring in illustration at California State University, Fullerton. Since then, their projects have included CD covers for bands such as Weezer and The Postal Service, clothing (including lines of illustrated shoes), and posters for companies such as Nike, Inc.
Kozyndan care deeply about the topic of shark finning. In December 2012, Dan Kitchens posted a controversial statement about finning to accompany an Instagram photo of shark fins for sale. He referred to those who engage in the practice of finning as "Chinks" due to Chinese consumption of the shark dorsal fin. 
The team has recently created conceptual designs for American McGee's video game Bad Day L.A.. Other video game work includes the cover design for The Urbz: Sims in the City and artwork using characters from Katamari Damacy.
The pair also do radio shows at Dublab.
- Blog of kozyndan
- Official kozyndan Website
- Kozyndan Video Interviews
- Kozyndan[permanent dead link] on Dublab
- Print interview with kozyndan
- kozyndan x Puma
- Beat, "Washed Away with Kozyndan," April 13, 2011.
- Mariam Digges, "Kozyndan Bring 'Washed Away' Exhibit to Oz," Pagesdigital, April 12, 2011.
- "State of the Art." Giant Robot Magazine issue 63, 2009.