|Look up kralj in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In Slovenia, it is the 14th most common surname: it is present throughout the country, but it is especially common in central and southern Slovenia. In Croatia, it is the 49th most common surname, also present throughout the country, but most numerous in central Croatia.
It is also present in Serbia, e.g. the well known actor Petar Kralj, a name which during the Communist rule in Serbia caused stir when read according to the Austrian-Hungarian bureaucratic manner—inherited throughout Central Europe—of listing surnames before personal names in schools, the army, hospitals etc. because it sounds like King Peter of Yugoslavia.
As a surname, it may refer to:
- Elvira Kralj (Slovenian actress)
- France Kralj (Slovenian painter)
- Goran Kralj
- Ivica Kralj (Serbian footballer)
- Petar Kralj (Serbian actor)
- Tone Kralj (Slovenian painter)
- Skok, Petar: Etimologijski rječnik hrvatskoga ili srpskoga jezika ("An Etymological Dictionary of the Croatian i.e. Serbian language") Zagreb, 1971 (Tome 1) − 1974 (Tome 3)
|This page lists people with the surname Kralj. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|