Krant M. L. Verma
|Krant Madan Lal Verma|
20 December 1947|
Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh. India
|Occupation||Former banker; free-lance writer|
|Alma mater||Agra University, Rohilkhand University|
|Genre||Poet, writer, critic, historian|
|Notable awards||Bhawani Prasad Mishra Samman, Janpad Ratn Shahjahanpur|
|Children||Alpana Aditya (Daughter)
Swadesh Gaurav (Son)
Krant M. L. Verma (born Madan Lal Verma, 1947) is an Indian poet, writer and verse translator, who writes in Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, and English under the pen name of Krant. Among his publications is Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna.
Krant M. L. Verma was born to Ram Dulari and Ram Lal on 20 December 1947 in the village Tilokpur, Shahjahanpur district, Uttar Pradesh. He obtained a BSc from Bareilly College of erstwhile Agra University, now known as Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra and an MA in Hindi literature from Rohilkhand University. He is married and has two children. He lives with his family in Greater Noida.
When Verma applied to the Government of India for senior fellowship in order to research the writings of people who had been involved in the Indian independence movement, he was working in the Central Bank of India. His service conditions would have prevented him from being awarded the fellowship, so he resigned his job to complete his project.
Awards and honors
Verma has received several awards and honors at the local, state, and national levels.
- Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna, 1997 Praveen Prakashan, New Delhi (Research work on Ram Prasad Bismil in 4 volumes)
- Vedna Ke Deep (Lyrics) 2001 Kimva Prakashan, Noida
- Lalita Ke Aansu (epic poem) 2005 Anurag Prakashan, New Delhi
- Swadhinta Sangram Ke Krantikari Sahitya Ka Itihas, 2006 Praveen Prakashan, New Delhi, ISBN 81-7783-122-4 (3 volumes)
- Man Ki Lahar, 2006 Praveen Prakashan, New Delhi, ISBN 81-7783-127-5. (Poems of Ram Prasad Bismil)
- Kranti Geetanjali, 2006 Praveen Prakashan, New Delhi, ISBN 81-7783-128-3 (Poems of Ram Prasad Bismil)
- Bolshevikon Ki Kartoot, 2006 Praveen Prakashan, New Delhi, ISBN 81-7783-129-1 (Novel of Ram Prasad Bismil)
- Gaur, Dr. Ram Sharan; Dr. Singh Arun Veer (2005). Sahitya Sanchetna (in Hindi). Noida: Shreeram Publications. p. 36.
- "Dr Krant gets fellowship". The Tribune. India. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- Agrawal, Dr. Giriraj Sharan (2006). HINDI SAHITYAKAR SANDARBH KOSH (in Hindi). II. Bijnore: Hindi Sahitya Niketan. p. 263. ISBN 81-85139-29-6.
- Sharma, Dr. Phoolchandra (2012). VANAS MANJUSHA (in Hindi). Greater Noida: Varishtha Nagrik Samaj (Regd). p. 94.
- "साहित्य प्रेम के लिये स्वैक्षिक सेवा निवृत्ति (en: VRS for the love of literature". Dainik Jagran New Delhi. 2 September 2004. p. 17.
- "Hero worshipping revolutionaries: Rajkumari Tankha". Hindustan Times New Delhi HTlive Noida. 19 April 2013. p. 02. Retrieved 19 May 2013.