Yemelyanovo International Airport
|Krasnoyarsk (Yemelyanovo) International Airport|
Международный аэропорт Красноярск (Емельяново)
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||942 ft / 287 m|
Source: Krasnoyarsk International Airport
Krasnoyarsk (Yemelyanovo) International Airport (Russian: Международный аэропорт Красноярск (Емельяново)) (IATA: KJA, ICAO: UNKL), is a major airport in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia, 27 kilometres (17 mi) northwest of Krasnoyarsk. As of December 2017[update], it was the 14th biggest in Russia in passenger traffic.
Construction of the airport started in 1970. It opened for operations in 1980.
In 2005, the airport launched Terminal 2 for handling transit and international passengers. By 2006, the old runway coating had been replaced by asphalt-concrete layer with reinforced polymeric netting.
In November 2007, it was announced that Lufthansa Cargo might switch its Asian refueling and distribution point from Astana, Kazakhstan to Krasnoyarsk (Yemelyanovo) International Airport, because Russia would no longer permit Lufthansa the use of its air space for their Europe to Asia flights unless they could sell fuel. In July 2008 Lufthansa stated that it would move its cargo logistics hub from Astana to Krasnoyarsk (Yemelyanovo) once the airport was brought up to ICAO safety standards. The cargo terminal of Lufthansa Cargo in Krasnoyarsk (Yemelyanovo) airport was its second largest one after Frankfurt. However, in October 2016 Lufthansa Cargo switched all flights from Krasnoyarsk (Yemelyanovo) to another Siberian airport Tolmachevo (Novosibirsk) citing its better infrastructure and the ability to outsource certain services whereas in Krasnoyarsk the company “had to involve its own personnel and equipment”. On the other hand, AirBridgeCargo Airlines switched its activities vice versa from Tolmachevo Airport to Yemelyanovo in January 2018.
In 2008, the modern Arrivals Terminal with the capacity of 750 passengers per hour was opened. Also in 2008, the lighting facilities were reconstructed and the new hi-intensity lighting system was installed: the centerline lights and the touchdown zone lights. In 2011, the airport handled over 1.6 million passengers, a 28% increase over 2010.
In November 2017, the general director of the airport has announced that the airport will now be called Krasnoyarsk-International, instead of Krasnoyarsk-Yemelyanovo. It is unknown if the airport has as yet been officially renamed.
Before 2019, RZD made a decision to construct a railway line to the airport, but due to escape of high ticket price and small train occupancy, this will not be an Aeroexpress route, this will be a simple commuter service. Nevertheless, the route will also serve cargo trains, to deliver air-cargo goods directly to Krasnoyarsk.
At present, the airport provides a full array of passenger handling services in all three terminals, including VIP services, a business lounge, baby/parent room, ATMs, shops, cafés, bars, a drugstore and a post office. Runway 29 is certified for ILS Category II operations. The runway condition, the facilities and the technology of aircraft handling allows the airport to service more than 50 types of passenger and freighter aircraft, up to and including the Boeing 747 and Antonov 124. Its capacity is 12 aircraft movements per hour.
At Krasnoyarsk (Yemelyanovo) International Airport, the new terminal is under construction and currently the construction is planned to finish by November 2017. On 16 December, the airport plans to test the new passenger terminal and to commence operations also in December. The terminal will have 6 air-bridges. The old terminal will close and will serve only VIP flights. What about international terminal 2, is still unknown, most probably it will also close.
On 8 December 2017, the new baggage system was tested at the airport, another testing opening is planned on 16 December. The airport opened officially on 26 December 2017, with the flight commencement on the next day, with NordStar Boeing 737-800 to Norilsk. The terminal currently serves domestic routes, which made terminal 1 to shut down the passenger service on 27 December. The international flights will shift in 2018 and then terminal 2 will shut down the service and the new terminal will be the only passenger terminal in the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|AirBridgeCargo Airlines||Amsterdam, Beijing–Capital, Frankfurt, Leipzig/Halle, Liège, Milan–Malpensa, Moscow–Sheremetyevo, Paris-Charles de Gaulle Shanghai–Pudong|
- List of the busiest airports in Russia
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- Krasnoyarsk Cheremshanka Airport
- ""Krasnoyarsk international airport"". www.kja.aero. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- ""Yemelyanovo" - international airport". www.yemelyanovo.ru. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- Airport Rank 2017 (16 August 2018). "List of the busiest airports in Russia". Wikipedia.
- [dead link]
- "Lufthansa Cargo switches Krasnoyarsk for Novosibirsk". Russian Aviation Insider. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Аэропорт «Красноярск» заключил договор с компанией AirBridgeCargo". Континент Сибирь. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- "Новый аэропорт Красноярска: название "Емельяново" станет историей". kp.ru. 29 November 2017.
- "Железную дорогу до аэропорта Емельяново проложат через Минино и Дрокино". tvk6.ru. 18 July 2017.
- "К трапу по рельсам". RG.ru. 14 April 2017.
- "Электричка в аэропорт всё-таки появится". prima-tv.ru. 21 April 2017.
- "Тестирование нового терминала "Емельяново" отложили на месяц". trk7.ru. 8 November 2017.
- "Аэропорт Емельяново набирает волонтёров на тестирование нового терминала". aif.ru. 29 September 2017.
- "Новый терминал аэропорта Емельяново откроют 26 декабря". gornovosti.ru. 10 December 2017.
- "Новый аэропорт в Красноярске откроют 26 декабря". kp.ru. 10 December 2017.
- "Названа дата открытия нового терминала аэропорта Емельяново". ngs24.ru. 10 December 2017.
- "Аэропорт Красноярск запустил телетрапы". vibirai.ru. 19 March 2018.
- "Телетрапы в аэропорту запустили на несколько дней раньше". bezformata.ru. 17 March 2018.
- Liu, Jim (16 March 2018). "Angara adds Krasnoyarsk – Almaty route from June 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Авиарейсы из Иркутска в Красноярск и Мирный запустят с 5 января". IrkutskMedia.ru. PrimaMedia. 28 December 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Авиаперелеты". b2c.anextour.com.
- "Departure from Yemelyanovo - Flights timetable from 29 October 2017 to 24 March 2018". yemelyanovo.ru. Archived from the original on 23 October 2017. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "IrAero adds Azerbaijan service from June 2017". Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Russia, Krasnoyarsk, Emelyanovo (KJA) <-> Russia, Novosibirsk, Tolmachevo (OVB)". S7.ru. S7 Airlines. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Ural Airlines expands Simferopol network from June 2017". Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Сегодня авиакомпания Ямал открывает прямой рейс Тюмень - Горно-Алтайск". ГТРК "Ямал". 18 January 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Amsterdam (AMS)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Beijing (PEK)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Frankfurt (FRA)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Leipzig (LEJ)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Liege (LGG)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Milan (MXP)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Moscow (SVO)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Paris (CDG)". www.flightera.net.
- Flightera. "AirBridgeCargo flights from Krasnoyarsk (KJA) to Shanghai (PVG)". www.flightera.net.
- PRESS NEWS. "Международный аэропорт Красноярск". www.kja.aero (in Russian).
Media related to Yemelyanovo International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Krasnoyarsk Airport at Russian Airports Database
- Historical Weather Records for Krasnoyarsk
- Airport information for UNKL at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for UNKL at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for UNKL at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for KJA at Aviation Safety Network