Kratika Sengar in 2012
|Spouse(s)||Nikitin Dheer (m. 2014)|
|Relatives||See Dheer family|
Kratika Sengar was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. She went to Methodist High School, Kanpur, and then moved to Delhi and graduated in Mass Communication from Amity University, Noida. Then she moved to Mumbai to further her career. Before becoming an actor, she worked in an ad agency in Mumbai and for Hungama TV.
Kratika Sengar started her acting career with a small role in the popular long-running drama series Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi in 2007 playing the role of Saanchi. After that, she played Prerna Nihal Garewal opposite Naman Shaw in Kasautii Zindagii Kay from 2007 to 2008. In 2008, she then bagged another Balaji Telefilms show Kya Dill Mein Hai playing the main negative lead as Naina in 2008. Later, she did a small guest appearance in the Sony TV's comedy show Bura Na Mano Holi Hai. She also appeared in reality show Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood ka Ticket.
In 2009, Sengar got her first main lead role with Zee TV's popular show Jhansi Ki Rani and played Rani Laxmibai. The show aired its last in June 2011. She did a small cameo appearance in Balaji's popular show Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil and played Simran. In 2010 she also appeared in an episodic appearance in Aahat.
In 2012, Kratika made her comeback to television with Zee TV's popular show Punar Vivah opposite Gurmeet Choudhary and portrayed Aarti Yash Scindia. The show became really popular due to the two popular actors. The show aired its last on 17 May 2013. During playing Aarti, she made an appearance on Qubool Hai to promote her show. In January 2014, she made a special appearance in Star Plus' popular show Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera. Later in the year, she entered Life OK's popular show Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev starring Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy and played Manasa before the show went off air.
In 2015, Kratika bagged Zee TV's next Service Wali Bahu and played the lead role Payal. In 2016, Kratika made her comeback with Ekta Kapoor's popular show Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki opposite Sharad Malhotra which currently airs on Colors. Her character was first killed off and got replaced by Shivani Tomar. Due to fans willing to get her back, Sengar came back as Tanuja in September 2016.
|2007/2008||Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi||Saanchi / Sugandi||Star Plus||2007: Gen 3 Bahu, replaced by Anita Hassanandani
2008: Re-entry as a new character "Sugandi"
|2007–08||Kasautii Zindagii Kay||Prerna (P2)||Star Plus||role|
|2008||Kya Dill Mein Hai||Naina||9X||role|
|2008||Bura Na Mano Holi Hai||Herself||Sony TV||Guest appearance|
|2008||Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood ka Ticket||Herself||9X||Contestant|
|2009||Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil||Simran||Star Plus||Cameo|
|2010||Aahat||Chitra||Sony TV||Episodic role (Episode: Khooni Haveli I & II)|
|2010–11||Jhansi Ki Rani||Rani Laxmibai||Zee TV||Lead Role|
|2012–13||Punar Vivah||Aarti Yash Scindia||Zee TV||Lead Role|
|2012||Qubool Hai||Aarti Yash Scindia||Zee TV||Special appearance promoting Punar Vivah|
|2014||Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera||Cameo||Star Plus||Episodic role
Dancer at party
|2014||Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev||Manasa||Life Ok|
|2015||Service Wali Bahu||Payal||Zee TV||Lead Role|
|2016 – Present||Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki||Tanushree Rishi Bedi/Tanu / Tanuja Sikand / Tanuja Rishi Singh Bedi||Colors TV||Lead Role|
|2010||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favourite Beti||Jhansi Ki Rani||Won|
|Madhavrao Scindia Leadership Award||Best Television Actress|
|2011||BIG Television Awards||Veer Character Female|
|2012||5th Boroplus Gold Awards||Best Celebrity Jodi
(along with Gurmeet Chaudhary)
|Best Actress (Popular)|
|Zee Rishtey Awards||Popular Face (Female)|
(along with Gurmeet Chaudhary)
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress (Popular)||Nominated|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Television Actor – Female||Won|
|2013||Women Achievers Award||Aaadhi Abadi Award||Won|
- Agarwal, Stuti (31 December 2013). "Kratika Sengar to do an item number!". The Times of India. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Portraying Rani Jhansi was a dream come true: Kratika Sengar | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dnaindia. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "‘Arre zor se maar, darr mat'". The Times Of India. 19 March 2013.
- "Kratika Sengar | Aadhi Abadi Awards". aadhiaabadiaward.com.
- Tiwari, Vijaya (16 January 2014). "Kratika Sengar approached for Khatron Ke Khiladi". The Times Of India.
- "Kratika Sengar: I didn't step out much because I found Delhi unsafe – Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- "Stars on s: Kratika Sengar, actor". Hindustan Times. 4 September 2012.
- "Fans are very emotional people: Kratika Sengar". The Times Of India. 11 March 2012.
- "Kasam Teri Pyaar Ki:Kratika Sengar a.k.a. Tanu to return on popular demand". India Today. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Tiwari, Vijaya (18 March 2014). "I am blessed to have Nikitin Dheer in my life: Kratika Sengar". The Times Of India.
- "Sneak peek into 'My Father Godfather': Of dreams, lies & underworld | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dnaindia.com. 20 February 2014.
- "A day on the sets of My Father Godfather | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dnaindia.com. 21 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kratika Sengar.|