|Germany, EU, worldwide|
|Revenue||1,680,000,000 United States dollar (2018)|
Number of employees
Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH & Co. KG (KMW) is an arms industry company based in Munich, Germany. The company produces various types of equipment as well as rail locomotives, tanks, self-propelled artillery, and other armoured vehicles.
KMW's predecessor company, Krauss-Maffei, started in 1931 from a merger of the two Munich firms of Maffei (founded 1838) and Krauss & Co. (founded 1860). Both belonged to the leading German makers of locomotives of various types. Maffei also built other steam-operated vehicles and, later, manufactured vehicles with combustion engines, including locomotives, trolleybuses and buses. In 1960s Kraus-Maffei entered production of armoured fighting vehicles, starting with Leopard 1 tanks for the Bundeswehr.
In 1999 defense production was spun off and merged with Wegmann & Co to form Krauss-Maffei Wegmann. Wegman had a 51% stake and Mannesmann AG, Kraus-Maffei's holding company at the time, had a 49% stake. Siemens acquired Mannesmann's share in 2000, and Wegmann Unternehmens-Holding KG based in Kassel bought this stake in December 2010 to become the sole shareholder of KMW. The family holding is owned by about 26 silent partners. The partners are members of the families Bode, von Braunbehrens, von Maydell and Sethe and are all descendants of the firm's founders or the later owners of Wegmann & Co.
In 2015, Krauss-Maffei Wegmann merged with the French state-owned defence company Nexter Systems to form KMW+Nexter Defense Systems. KMW is now a subsidiary of a newly formed holding company, 50% of which are in turn controlled by the former owners of the German company.
By defense division of KraussMaffei:
- Leopard 1 main battle tank
- Leopard 2 main battle tank
- Panzerhaubitze 2000 (PzH 2000) self-propelled howitzer
- Flugabwehrkanonenpanzer Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft artillery
By Krauss-Maffei Wegmann:
- Panzerschnellbrücke 2 armoured bridge layer (Leopard 2 chassis)
- Panzerschnellbrücke Leguan armoured bridge layer (Leopard 2 chassis)
- Artillery Gun Module (AGM), a derivative of PzH 2000 which has been further developed into the Donar self-propelled howitzer
- Dingo 1 & 2 infantry mobility vehicle
- FLW 100 and FLW 200 remote weapon stations
- Grizzly highly protected vehicle
- GTK Boxer armoured fighting vehicle
- MARS tracked multiple rocket launcher
- GFF4 armoured 4x4 personnel carrier
- Mungo ESK armoured transport vehicle
- Puma infantry fighting vehicle
- Fennek armoured reconnaissance vehicle
- F2 wheeled armoured vehicle
- Terrier armored 4x4 personnel carrier 
- "History - KMW".
- "Defence professionals". 2010-12-18. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "Der Panzer-Clan von Krauss-Maffei", Capital (in German), 22 Jun 2010, archived from the original on 2012-07-22.
- "Rüstungsfirma Kraus-Maffei Wegmann – Stur wie ein Panzer", Süddeutsche Zeitung (in German), 21 Jun 2012.
- "Nexter Systems and Krauss-Maffei Wegmann have completed their association". nexter-group.fr. 15 Dec 2015. Archived from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Donar 155-mm Self-Propelled Howitzer". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "The new Terrier 4x4 armoured personnel carrier from Krauss-Maffei Wegmann of Germany 0912146 | weapons defence industry military technology UK | analysis focus army defence military industry army".