Kred Influence Measurement
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kred Influence Measurement, or Kred, is a website created by PeopleBrowsr that attempts to measure online social influence. It provides two scores, called "Influence" and "Outreach", which are based upon an openly published algorithm. "Influence" measures the likelihood that someone will act upon the user's posts, and "Outreach" measures the user's tendency to share other people's content. PeopleBrowsr CEO Jodee Rich claims that these scores reflect trust and generosity.
Kred also provides separate discrete scores for a user's overall social network participation as well as its affiliation with interest-based communities. "Community membership" is determined by words used in a person's Twitter Bio as well as keywords and hashtags they have historically used in their posts. In addition, a person is included as a member of a community if they are found to have high "Influence" within that community regardless of whether they have used the keywords that would automatically identify them as such.
In June 2015, Kred launched Kred Communities and Network, a service meant to help increase online influence.
On June 26, 2012, Kred announced "Rewards" based upon one's score, giving away discounts and product samples.
- "Kred.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com.
- Gale, Porter. "Hello, Klout. Meet 'Kred'". Advertising Age. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Lazar, Shira. "Social Media Breakdown: How Kred Can Make Your Business Smarter". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Peterson, Tim. "Kred Story Tracks Social Influence 'Beyond being just a number'". Adweek. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Isaac, Mike. "With New Kred and Klout Revamps, It's Makeover Season for Social Influence". All Things D. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Costine, Josh. June 26, 2012. "Kred Starts Offering Rewards So Maybe You’ll Finally Give A Damn About Your Influence Score." https://techcrunch.com/2012/06/26/kred-rewards/
- Hall, Sharon Hurley (January 14, 2013). "3 Dashboard Tools That Measure Social Media Engagement". The Daily Egg.
- Hall, Sharon Hurley (June 4, 2013). "Conversion optimization and A/B testing tips" [Don’t Like Klout? 12 Other Ways to Track Social Media Influence and Engagement]. The Daily Egg.
- Perez, Sarah (February 5, 2013). "Influitive Acquires Social Inbox Startup Engagio To Aid In 'Advocate Marketing' Opportunities". TechCrunch.