Križevci, Gornji Petrovci
|• Total||13.37 km2 (5.16 sq mi)|
|Elevation||283.5 m (930.1 ft)|
The name of the settlement was changed from Križevci v Prekmurju to Križevci in 1952. Its name (literally, 'crosses') is derived from a chapel dedicated to the Holy Cross that used to stand in the village, but was pulled down in the late 19th century.
Notable people that were born or lived in Križevci include:
- János Berke (1814–1908), writer
- Pál Luthár (1839–1919), writer
- Milan Kučan (born 1941), the first president of independent Slovenia
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia Archived November 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Vengušt, Jernej. 1919. Seznamek prekmurskih občin (krajev) z označbo pošte in zemljevidom. Radgona, p. 8.
- Spremembe naselij 1948–95. 1996. Database. Ljubljana: Geografski inštitut ZRC SAZU, DZS.
- Gornji Petrovci municipal site
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage Archived July 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. reference number 4151
|This article about the Municipality of Gornji Petrovci in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|