||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kris Deschouwer is a Belgian politicologist and professor at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. He was a member of the Coudenberg group, a Belgian federalist think tank. His research is on the consequences of the institutional complexity of Belgium for political actors and for political parties in particular.
He started his career at the VUB in 1988, where he has been teaching general introduction to political science, comparative politics, Belgian politics and parties and elections. In 1999, he was a research fellow at the European University Institute in Florence. From 1987 until 1993, he was associate professor at the Department of Comparative Politics of the University of Bergen. In 2004 he held the Chaire d'honneur de la ville de Lausanne at the University of Lausanne. Since 2003 he is co-editor of the European Journal of Political Research.
Kris Deschouwer, Pascal Delwit, Marc Hooghe, Stefaan Walgrave (eds), Les voix du peuple. Le comportement électoral au scrutin du 10 juin 2009, Bruxelles, Editions de l'Université de Bruxelles, 2010.
- Kris Deschouwer
- Personalia and publications
- Interview with Kris Deschouwer
- "Een kieskring voor alle Belgen?", Kris Deschouwer, Workshop Paviagroep, januari 2006
- "Une circonscription fédérale pour tous les Belges?", Kris Deschouwer and Philippe van Parijs, groupe PAVIA groep
- "Comprendre le nationalisme flamand", Kris Deschouwer, Fédéralisme Régionalisme, Volume 1 : 1999-2000 - Nationalisme et démocratie
|This Belgian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|