February 19, 1982 |
Brampton, ON, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Hershey Bears (AHL)
Toronto Maple Leafs
Detroit Red Wings
New York Rangers
|NHL Draft||139th overall, 2002
San Jose Sharks
On February 10, 2007, Newbury ended up in a fight with Ronald Petrovicky, of the Pittsburgh Penguins. He took several punches to the head and was knocked to the ice, giving him a concussion, which caused him to miss the remainder of the season.
On July 7, 2009, Newbury was signed by the Detroit Red Wings organization for the 2009–10 season. After initially starting the year with AHL affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins, on December 14, 2009, Newbury scored his first goal as a member of the Detroit Red Wings against the Phoenix Coyotes. On March 3, 2010, Newbury was traded by the Wings to the New York Rangers for forward Jordan Owens he was then assigned to affiliate the Hartford Wolfpack.
On June 16, 2010, he re-signed with the Rangers on a two-year contract.
On January 31, 2011, the New York Rangers recalled Newbury from the Connecticut Whale to the NHL. He was returned to the Whale on February 3, having scored one assist in eight games with the Rangers.
On July 1, 2013, the Rangers traded Newbury to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for defenseman Danny Syvret. In the 2013–14 season, Newbury was re-assigned on loan from AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, to the Hershey Bears on March 12, 2014.
On July 4, 2014, Newbury was signed as a free agent to a one-year, two-way contract with the Bears NHL affiliate, the Washington Capitals.
|2003–04||St. John's Maple Leafs||AHL||72||5||15||20||153||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||Pensacola Ice Pilots||ECHL||6||2||4||6||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||St. John's Maple Leafs||AHL||55||4||9||13||103||5||0||0||0||26|
|2006–07||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||15||2||2||4||26||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||28||1||1||2||32||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||1||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||52||11||22||33||144||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||4||1||0||1||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||18||4||14||18||61||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale||AHL||69||17||44||61||139||6||2||2||4||2|
|2010–11||New York Rangers||NHL||11||0||1||1||35||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||New York Rangers||NHL||7||0||0||0||24||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||New York Rangers||NHL||6||0||1||1||9||3||0||0||0||2|
- "Wings agree to terms with three players". Detroit Red Wings. 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Short-handed Red Wings lose Ericsson, then stave off Coyotes". CBS Sports. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Rangers get Newbury, Eriksson in separate trades". New York Post. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Rangers sign Kris Newbury". SNYRangersblog.com. 2010-06-16. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Newbury returned to Connecticut". NHL.com. February 3, 2011. Archived from the original on March 6, 2013. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "Kris Newbury Recalled By Rangers". CBS News New York. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Brooks, L. (April 26, 2013). "Rangers forward Clowe injures right leg". New York Post. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "Flyers acquire Newbury from Rangers for Syvret". NHL.com. July 1, 2013. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Bears add Newbury; Whitmore to Phantoms". American Hockey League. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Capitals sign Tim Kennedy and Kris Newbury". MonumentalNetwork.com. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2014-07-04.