Krishna Engineering College
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Director||Dr. Narendra Kumar|
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Campus||Urban,1.5 acres (0.0061 km2)|
|Affiliations||AICTE, Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU)|
Krishna Engineering College (KEC) was established in the year 2004 by Friends Charitable Society (FCS) and run by a group of industrialist and professionals. KEC is a member the Krishna Group of Institutions and is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education. It is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow.
- 1 About the Institute 
- 2 Promoters of the Group 
- 3 Courses Offered 
- 4 Student Facilities / Why KEC!
- 4.1 Scholarship
- 4.2 VAC (Value Added Courses)
- 4.3 Students Intellectual Development
- 4.4 Infrastructure
- 4.5 Weather amenities
- 4.6 Laboratories
- 4.7 Library
- 4.8 Hostels
- 4.9 Career and placement guidance
- 4.10 Special training classes
- 4.11 Cultural and technical events and activities
- 4.12 Clubs and societies
- 4.13 KEC National Service Scheme (NSS)
- 5 KEC - admission procedure 
- 6 References
It started with 226 students in 2004 and now has 2800 students on its roll in 2014-15.
|Chairman||Shri Rakesh Garg
Secretary AKG Engg College
|Vice Chairman||Shri Atul Garg
Secretary IPEC and Treasurer KIET
|Secretary||Shri Sarish Chaudhary
Vice Chairman KIET
|Treasurer||Shri Sunil P Gupta
|Advisor||Dr. S.P. Mishra|
|Director||Dr. Narendra Kumar
KEC offers B.Tech & M.Tech degree courses. The campus is located in Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad, next to IAF Station Hindon and is strategically located vis-a-vis Delhi (5 km from border), Ghaziabad (6 km), Noida (12 km) and other areas like Vasundhara, Vaishali & Kaushambi.
|Computer Science and Engineering||240|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||180|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||120|
|Mechanical Engineering||180 + 60 (Second Shift)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||18|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||18|
Student Facilities / Why KEC!
Krishna Engineering College has a policy of awarding cash scholarships to meritorious students every year, among them are University rank holders, among which first; second and third university rank holders are given scholarship of Rs. 50,000, 40,000 & 25,000 respectively. Rank holders fourth to tenth are given scholarship of Rs. 20,000. Also first & Second toppers of each branch are given scholarship of Rs. 10,000 & Rs. 5,000 respectively. All students who score above 80% are given scholarship of Rs. 1000/-
VAC (Value Added Courses)
Beyond curriculum courses aligned with Market/Skills like Web Design, JAVA etc. are taught in the curriculum.
Students Intellectual Development
Students participate in the conferences in large numbers organized at departmental level building out-of-the-box thinking.
Well planned premises spread in 11 acres with a 40x50 feet amphitheater, 2 acres playground dedicated to various sports activities like Basketball, Volleyball, and Badminton; modernized Auditorium, Seminar & Conference Halls for conducting various departmental & external seminars & conferences. Separate Communication Lab for first year students enhancing their communication skills; Hygienic eateries within the campus, namely Krishna café, Krishna mini canteen, Krishna milk bar and juice corner with ensured availability of healthy food 24 hours.
All three multistory blocks are fitted with cooling duct system besides Air-conditioners in faculty & staff rooms.
Hands on working by the students are given priority for providing practical exposure to the students.
Fully Air-conditioned computerized Library. Also all departments have their separate department library.
Three multi story hostels, Chandragupta for senior boys, Chanakya for first year boys and Vrindavan for Girls; are facilitated with lifts, zero fly dining halls, recreation room, LCD TV, security cameras, automated kitchens, 16-hour availability of Wi-Fi, warm water and R-O purified drinking water & indoor games facilities.
Career and placement guidance
In addition various in house professional courses, Career Guidance and personality Development Seminars, Workshops and Guest lectures are organized regularly to improve the performance of students in job market. On Campus, Off campus & Pool Campus drives takes place on regular basis with the most reputed MNC`s. Krishna Engineering College is associated with AMCAT since year 2007 as Our Assessment Partners. On the basis of Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive test (Commonly known as AMCAT) assessment report of each student is provided a detailed personalized feedback report on his/her strengths and areas of Improvement. The skill-gap analysis report finds out what skills do the students of our campus have and where they are deficient.
Special training classes
- Phase 1 training is imparted in second year and consists of Soft skills training that includes confidence building, extempore talks, removing stage fright, personal grooming and dressing etiquettes etc.
- Phase 2 to phase 4 training is imparted during third year and includes one month rigorous aptitude training, one-month training on GDPI and C++ irrespective of branch during the summer break of June and July, and nine days branch related concept classes, to ensure smooth passage of students during technical rounds of selection process.
Cultural and technical events and activities
From time to time cultural and technical events such as REVAMP, an annual college festival comprising more than 50 events of sports, cultural and technical arenas; fresher’s party, ADIEU, a farewell for the final year students, are organized by the students itself under the mentorship of faculties.
Clubs and societies
- BLITZ, Computer Science society launched by Computer Science & Information Technology departments in Nov-2009 with the aim of providing a platform for students to participate in Computer Science & IT related activities such as Workshops, Seminars, Lectures, Technical Paper presentations and Quizzes etc.
- ELECTROPHILA, Electronic society established in Mar-2009 and is engaged in various outside activities to nurture and enhance the technical skills and encourage the students to consolidate their interest in Electronics and related fields.
- S-EEE (S-Triple E) is the acronym for society of Electrical & Electronics Engineers. Society has been formed to provide platform to students of Electrical & Electronics Branch students to organize and conduct Lectures, Presentations, Seminars, Quiz competitions and Workshops.
- MESA (Mechanical Engineering Students Association) has been established in ME Deptt for providing platform to the students for their professional and overall development.
KEC National Service Scheme (NSS)
Krishna Engineering College has always initiated & promoted NSS activities for development of students and society through community services & is in function since year 2006 like Road safety camp, Swactha Abhyan, Adopting village and slum for welfare work, blood donation camp, free clothes to poor etc.
Krishna Engineering College is affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow with College Code -161 & is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
Admission – B.Tech
|Eligibility||Method of Admission|
|B.Tech First Year||10+2 with Science stream with Mathematics||1. UPTU - Counseling: UPSEE/JEE - Mains qualified candidates having allotment letter in favor of the institute are required to report to the college and submit the admission form along with complete sets of documents and fee. The rest of the procedure would be completed in the college.
2. Direct Admission through Management Quota: Admission under this category would be made purely on the basis of merit in following preference order:
|Lateral Entry: Direct admission in B.Tech Second Year||10+2 with Science stream with Mathematics/ 3 years Engineering Diploma/3 years B.Sc Degree||1. UPTU - Counseling: UPSEE/JEE - Mains qualified candidates having allotment letter in favor of the institute are required to report to the college and submit the admission form along with complete sets of documents and fee. The rest of the procedure would be completed in the college.
2. Direct Admission against Vacant Seats: Candidates who have passed 3 years Engineering Diploma from an institution located in U.P. or whose parents are domicile of U.P. and has passed 3 years Engineering Diploma from recognized Board of Technical Education OR Candidates who have passed 3 year B.Sc degree and passed 12th standard with Mathematics as one of the subject from any recognized university are eligible for admission to B.Tech. Second Year (Lateral Entry) in any Branch of Engineering & can contact admission personnel of the Institute for the same.
Admission – M.Tech
|Eligibility||Method of Admission|
|M.Tech First Year||B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent from an AICTE approved institution||Candidates should have passed B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent from an AICTE approved institution are eligible to take admission in M.Tech. First Year. Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates.|