Krishna Rao or Krishnarao is an Indian full name based on the given name Krishna and the surname Rao.
- A. N. Krishna Rao (1908–1971), one of the well-known writers in Kannada language
- Bhavaraju Venkata Krishna Rao (born 1930), Indian cricketer
- Dronamraju Krishna Rao (born 1937), Indian geneticist
- K. V. Krishna Rao (1923-2016), former Chief of Indian army and a former Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura
- Mandali Venkata Krishna Rao (1926–1997), Indian politician
- U. Krishna Rao (died 1961), former Indian politician of the Indian National Congress and Member of the Legislative Assembly of Madras state
- Krishna Rao (director), film/television director and cinematographer
- Dr. Krishna Rao Voomaji Rao Ghorpade, better known as Dr. K. V. Ghorpade an eminent Indian Pathologist.
- Krishna Rao (administrator) (died 1857), acting Diwan of Travancore
- Krishna Rao (archeologist) (born 1930), Indian archeologist and writer
- Krishnarao Jaisim, Indian architect
- Krishna Rao (journalist), Indian journalist and political analyst
- Shamsher Bahadur I (Krishna Rao), Maratha noble