|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Undergraduate college, Postgraduate college|
|Principal||Dr. Sujata Bagchi Banerjee|
|Location||Baharampur, West Bengal, India|
|Affiliations||University of Kalyani|
Krishnath College is a liberal arts and sciences college in Baharampur, in Murshidabad district, in the state of West Bengal in India. The college was originally affiliated with the University of Calcutta but in 1998 its affiliation changed to the University of Kalyani.
The college was established in 1853 by Rani Swaranamoyee Devi. The college was named of her husband Raja Krishnath Roy of Cossimbazar, Murshidabad. In the year of 1841 young Krishnath had received his zamindary, expressed a great idea and dream of founding a college for higher education. Before his sad demise he expressed the plan of expanding this college to a University. After his tragic death, Rani Swarnamoyee provided the land and money for salvaging the college from financial crises.
Krishnath College had established a tradition of great cultural achievement. Famous intellectuals, freedom fighter, political-social activists and notable figures were associated with this college like the martyrs Masterda Surya Sen and Nalini Kanta Bagchi, great educationist, philosopher Acharya Brajendra Nath Seal, E.M. Wheeler, Radhakamal Mukerjee, Dr Ram Chandra Pal, Bhabatosh Dutta etc.
- Political Science
- Physical education
- Tourism & Travel Management
In 2016 Krishnath College has been awarded A grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The college is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).It is built on the structure of Oxford University.
- Surjya Sen - Indian freedom fighter
- Nalinikanta Bagchi - Indian freedom fighter
- Nikhil Nath Roy - Historian
- Benimadhab Barua - Bengali Indian Scholar, first Asian D.Litt
- Nalinaksha Sanyal - Politician, economist
- Amarendra Nath Sen - Chief Justice of the Calcutta High Court
- Tridib Chaudhuri - Politician
- Atulkrishna Ghosh - Indian freedom fighter
- Dr. Najrul Islam - Retired IPS and writer
- Moinul Hassan - A member of Rajya Sabha and a Communist politician
- "Affiliated College of University of Kalyani". Archived from the original on March 1, 2012.
- "KRISHNATH COLLEGE". krishnathcollege.com. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- "Departments". K.N College. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "18th SC - 2nd cycle" (PDF). National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 December 2016. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Renowned personalities". Krishnath College. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
|This article about a university or college in West Bengal, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|