Krisnan Inu Playing For the Bulldogs
|Full name||Krisnan Nevada Inu|
17 March 1987|
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||99 kg (15 st 8 lb)|
|Position||Centre, Wing, Fullback|
As of 12 August 2018
Krisnan Nevada Inu (born 17 March 1987) is a rugby league footballer who plays for the Widnes Vikings in the Super League. He has previously played for Stade Français of the Top 14 in rugby union, and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, Parramatta Eels, and New Zealand Warriors in the National Rugby League. Inu was a member of the 2008 World Cup-winning New Zealand team.. Inu is one of two players who have lost grand finals with three different clubs .
Inu was born in Auckland, New Zealand.
A Parramatta Eels junior, Inu made his first grade debut in the 2007 NRL season against the Canberra Raiders. After just one first grade match he was named to play for New Zealand in the ANZAC Day Test against Australia at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. The Kangaroos ran out easy 30-6 winners over the Kiwis. After the test, Inu was dropped back to Premier League but returned to first grade through a series of injuries to regular players. Inu took on the kicking duties as Parramatta's primary kicker and full-back, Luke Burt, was injured mid-season. In Round 25 Inu scored three tries and kicked seven goals in Parramatta's 46-point win over Brisbane.
After a 2-4 start to the 2009 season, the Eels decided to re-tool their line-up, dropping Inu to the New South Wales Cup, with Taulima Tautai replacing him for the Round 7 match against the Brisbane Broncos.. Inu played in the 2009 NRL grand final for Parramatta against The Melbourne Storm at centre . At the end of the 2010 season, Inu told coach Daniel Anderson that he would be joining The New Zealand Warriors on a two year deal .
New Zealand Warriors
Inu played in New Zealand's 2011 NRL grand final loss to The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.Inu's up-and-down tenure at the Warriors was curtailed in May 2012 with his release and immediate signing with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Inu was released by the Warriors in May 2012 so he could immediately join the Des Hasler coached Bulldogs. He signed with the Bulldogs until the end of the 2015 season.. Inu played in the 2012 grand final for Canterbury .
- "Catalans Dragons Equipe Saison 2015". Catalans Dragons site officiel. Catalans Dragons S.A.S.P. 2015. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- NRL Stats[permanent dead link]
- "Parramatta 68 v Brisbane 22". Rugby League Tables. stats.rleague.com. Archived from the original on 29 August 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Kiwis select Sonny Bill". Sky Sports. 2008-08-08. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Kiwis to wait on Webb and Matai". BBC. 2008-10-07. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Taylor, Inu out of Broncos-Eels clash". ABC News. 22 April 2009. Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
- Parramatta stars Krisnan Inu and Feleti Mateo sign for New Zealand Warriors Daily Telegraph, 10 May 2010
- Inu leaves the Warriors to join Bulldogs New Zealand Herald, 24 May 2012