Krister Henriksson at the 2013 Guldbagge Award
|Born||Jan Krister Allan Henriksson
12 November 1946
Henriksson was born in Häverö, Norrtälje Municipality, Sweden and is the son of the fishmonger Allan Henriksson and Gunvor (née Sjöblom). He passed his studentexamen in 1967 and attended Statens scenskola in Malmö from 1968 to 1971. Henriksson worked at the Norrköping City Theatre in 1971, Stockholm City Theatre from 1972 and TV-teatern from 1980 to 1983. He made his breakthrough in 1973 at Stockholm City Theatre with the lead role in Peer Gynt.
In 1993 he joined the cast of the Royal Dramatic Theatre in Stockholm. In 1997 he was honoured with the Eugene O'Neill Award. He has twice received the Swedish Film Award Guldbagge Award for the best male lead—in 1998 for his portrayal of a cancer-stricken actor in the film Veranda för en tenor (Waiting for the Tenor) and in 2005 for Sex, hope and love. Both films were directed by Lisa Ohlin. He also received the Swedish Theatre Award Guldmasken for the one-man play Doktor Glass of Hjalmar Söderberg in 2007.
Henriksson branched into business as co-owner of the now defunct Vasateatern (The Vasa Theatre) a private theatre focussing on classic farce and comedy in Stockholm, and taught Scenic Design at the Stockholm School of Theater. He also runs the film production company Tåbb Ltd together with his partner Cecilia Nilsson and he is co-owner of the audiobook publisher Svenska Ljud Audioförlag (www.svenskaljudclassica.se) together with Carlson Invest Ltd (www.cinvest.se), Frekvens Produktion Ltd (www.frekvens.se) and the actors Katarina Ewerlöf and Johan Rabaeus.
Henriksson lives with the Swedish actress Cecilia Nilsson in Stockholm. He has two daughters and a son.
- The Walls of Freedom (1978)
- Codename Coq Rouge (1989)
- The Rabbit Man (1990)
- Night of the Orangutan (1992)
- My Great Big Daddy (1992)
- Christmas Oratorio (1996)
- Kalle Blomkvist – Mästerdetektiven lever farligt (1996)
- Waiting for the Tenor (1998)
- Faithless (2000)
- Cabin Fever aka Dogme #19 (2000)
- Executive Protection (2001)
- Reconstruction (2003)
- Return of the Dancing Master (2004)
- Sex, Hope and Love (2005)
- Den enskilde medborgaren (2006)
- Solstorm (2007)
- Wallander (2005–2013)
- With Every Heartbeat (2011)
- "Krister Henriksson, interview: from Wallander to the West End". Telegraph.co.uk. 12 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- Uddling, Hans; Paabo, Katrin, eds. (1992). Vem är det: svensk biografisk handbok. 1993 [Who is it: Swedish biographical handbook. 1993] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedt. p. 474. ISBN 91-1-914072-X.
- Barnett, Laura. "Wallander's Krister Henriksson: 'I'd like to play King Lear'". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Krister Henriksson.|
- Branagh's Wallander – Website relating to the BBC's English-language Wallander starring Kenneth Branagh and Swedish versions with Krister Henriksson and Rolf Lassgård
- Krister Henriksson at the Internet Movie Database