Kristi Brooks is the author of Vision², a science fiction novel, various short stories, and columns for local publications. She is noted for her blending of genres, often merging elements of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror in her stories. The way Vision² presents human/alien interaction has been compared to the Ender series by Orson Scott Card. "Kristi Brooks' first book presents a vibrant style of writing that keeps the reader turning pages." — Robert O'Hern, "Book Briefs," The Daily Oklahoman, 6 July 2005.
She was first published in small anthologies before selling her first novel to PegLeg Publishing, an independent publisher in Oklahoma City. Brooks received her BA in English and her MLA from Oklahoma City University. She currently lives in Oklahoma City with her husband and menagerie of animals.
- Fantasies: An Anthology of World's Great Short Stories (ISBN 81-901366-6-6)
- The Mangum Star, "Fried Rattlesnake" (April 2005)
- Absolute Anthology, "Chasing Storms" (2006)
- Vision². PegLeg. ISBN 0-9777660-0-4.
- "Planes, Trains, and Wait...People Still Ride Those Things?". NONzine 1 (17). Sept 15–28, 2006. Check date values in:
- "West Memphis Three". NONzine 1 (12). 7–20 July July 2006. Check date values in:
- "Hitman Claus". NONzine 1 (24). 22 December 2006–4 January 2007. Check date values in:
- GlassFire Anthology (co-editor)
- Florilegium (co-editor)
- "String Theories" Aoife's Kiss (September 2010 Issue)
- Entrances & Exits (contributor, co-editor)
- "The Fires". Pank Magazine. September 2013.
- Vision2 GlasseFire E-Zine
- Hitman Claus
- "Oklahoma Libertarian Party". 3 January 2007.
- Planes, Trains,
- "Vision²: Featured book review". NONzine (8). 12–25 May 2006.
- Writerscafe.org/author bio
- Fantasies: An Anthology of World's Great Short Stories "Transparency"
- Science Fiction Authors InfoLagoon.com
- Obawok.com/author bio