Kristi Lee in 2008
|Birth name||Theresa Renee Rose|
July 17, 1960|
|Show||Kristi Lee Uninterrupted|
Kristi Lee, whose real name is Theresa Ritz (born July 17, 1960), is the news director of the nationally syndicated radio show The Bob & Tom Show and is responsible for delivering newscasts of various headlines (which are often used for humorous takeoffs) during the show.
Lee's first full-time job in communications was at WRTV, where she was a television engineer for six years. At the time, she was also a part-time disc jockey for WFBQ Q95, the station which eventually hired Bob Kevoian and Tom Griswold for mornings. She began her full-time radio career on The Bob and Tom Show in 1988. Lee was also featured on ESPN and ESPN2 as a sideline reporter, covering events like lacrosse, auto racing, and the first three X Games on ESPN2. In the mid-nineties, she was the sideline reporter for the NBA's Indiana Pacers.
On January 11, 2016, Lee announced that she was leaving The Bob and Tom Show. Prior to her later return, Lee's last "on air" appearance was on December 17, 2015. In an April 2016 appearance on the Hammer and Nigel podcast, Lee revealed that her Bob and Tom contract had been "rolling over for 12 years" and included a three-month non-compete clause, a length brief enough as to be considered "unheard of in our business." Since any new contract would likely have extended her non-compete requirement to six or 12 months, Lee said she chose not to renew her contract. It was "time to try something different," Lee said. "If I'm going to do this, it's going to have to be now." The announcement and timing of Kevoian's December 2015 retirement was a surprise to Lee, and she told the Dan Dakich Show that "Bob wasn't there, and I didn't want to sit in that room without Bobby" despite her continued fondness for Griswold and Chick McGee, the show's remaining longtime stars.
On July 8, 2016, The Bob and Tom Show announced that Lee would return to the show on July 11, 2016. In an interview with BoomerTV's Patty Spitler, Lee reiterated that a desire to find her own voice as an interviewer and to create her "own brand" were her primary motivations for what ended up being a hiatus from The Bob and Tom Show. Lee also said Griswold initiated the discussions which led to her return.
During her six-month break from Bob and Tom, Lee began hosting a podcast titled Kristi Lee Uninterrupted, which debuted on April 5, 2016. The podcast is affiliated with Dr. Will's Neighborhood. Its title is a reference to Griswold's habit of constantly interrupting her Bob and Tom Show news reports. Lee announced that she will continue to produce her podcast.
In February 2017, it was announced that Kristi Lee was inducted into her high school's hall of fame. She will have a plaque with her name and picture on it mounted on the Ben Davis High School Wall of Fame. She has always maintained that she owes her successful career to her start at the school's radio station, WBDG, where her lifelong love of the communications and entertainment industry began.
- Ryckaert, Vic (6 May 2004). "Ex-DJ sentenced to 6 months". Indianapolis Star. Indianapolis, Indiana. pp. B.1. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Theresa Rose Malaby, "United States Public Records Index"". Familysearch.com. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- Coudret, Rebecca (2007-04-19). "Comedy tour: She stands her ground when 'Bob & Tom' start tossing barbs". Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- Wenck, Ed. "First Bob, now Kristi Lee". Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Kristi Lee and the New Morning Life – HN241". 15 April 2016. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- The BOB & TOM Show (7 November 2015). "Bob and Tom Accept their Induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame". Retrieved 26 April 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Kristi Lee is Uninterrupted plus more from Dan Dakich & Jason Benetti. - WFNI ESPN 107.5 / 1070 The Fan - Indy's SportsCenter". Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "The BOB & TOM Show Welcomes Kristi Lee Back To The Show". 8 July 2016. Archived from the original on 8 July 2016. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- BoomerTV (15 August 2016). "Kristi Lee". Retrieved 26 April 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Kristi Lee Uninterrupted by Kristi Lee on Apple Podcasts". Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- Lindquist, David (February 12, 2016). "Morning radio is an evolving, funny business". Indianapolis Star. Archived from the original on February 26, 2016. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- "Dr. Will's Neighborhood". drwill.com. Archived from the original on February 26, 2016. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- "Kristi Lee on Twitter". Retrieved 26 April 2017.