||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to self-published sources; articles should not be based solely on such sources. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Kristian Paul Stanfill|
April 9, 1983 |
|Genres||Contemporary Christian music, Christian pop, worship|
Kristian Paul Stanfill (born April 9, 1983) is an American Christian music singer and songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia. His album, Mountains Move (2011), reached number 64 on the Billboard 200. He is currently the worship pastor at Passion City Church and a worship leader at Passion Conferences.
Stanfill was born in Marietta, Georgia on April 9, 1983. After showing an interest in songwriting, Stanfill began playing guitar at the age of 13. At age 15, he began to lead worship in his Sunday school. In 2002 Stanfill attended Samford University and shortly after graduating, he started leading worship at North Point Community Church in Alpharetta, Georgia. While in college, Stanfill met his wife, Kerri. They were married in 2004, and have four children.
In 2005, Stanfill became involved with Passion City Church and the Passion organization leading worship. On July 10, 2007, he independently released his debut EP, Hello, which features five songs. By 2008, Stanfill became the first artist in eight years to be signed to sixstepsrecords. In October 2008 – November 2008, he began working on his first studio album, Attention. It was completed by December 2008, and was released on April 21, 2009. His second album, Mountains Move, was released on January 7, 2011. It became his first album to appear on the Billboard 200 chart, and peaked at number 64. The success of the album led him to be nominated for Best New Artist at the 42nd GMA Dove Awards.
- Hello (independently released, 2007)
- Attention (sixstepsrecords, 2009)
- Mountains Move (sixstepsrecords, 2011)
|Year||Album||Peak Chart Positions|
|Top Christian Albums||200|
|2010||Day After Day: KS (EP)||48|
|Year||Title||Peak Chart Positions||Album|
|Hot Christian Songs|
|2010||"Day After Day"||20||Mountains Move|
GMA Dove Awards
|2007||Special Event Album of the Year (Passion: Everything Glorious)*||Won|
|2009||Special Event Album of the Year (Passion: God of This City)*||Won|
|2011||New Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|Praise & Worship Album of the Year (Passion: Awakening)*||Nominated|
|Special Event Album of the Year (Passion: Awakening)*||Won|
- *Denotes a collaborative effort or a song contribution to a "Various artists" album.
- "Billboard - Kristian Stanfill - Chart History - Billboard 200". Billboard. January 29, 2011. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Leggett, Steve. "Kristian Stanfill - Biography & History - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Tyson, Chelsea (September 23, 2013). "The Collegian - A One On One With Kristian Stanfill". The Collegian. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- "iTunes Store (U.S.) - Music - Kristian Stanfill - Hello". iTunes Store (U.S.). July 10, 2007. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- "iTunes Store (U.S.) - Music - Kristian Stanfill - Attention". iTunes Store (U.S.). April 21, 2009. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- "iTunes Store (U.S.) - Music - Kristian Stanfill - Mountains Move". iTunes Store (U.S.). January 7, 2011. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Vivaldo, Josephine (February 16, 2011). "2011 Dove Awards Nominees Announced". Christian Post. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- "Kristian Stanfill Awards (chart placements)". AllMusic. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- on YouTube