Kristian Thulesen Dahl
|Kristian Thulesen Dahl|
|Leader of the Danish People's Party|
Assumed office |
12 September 2012
|Preceded by||Pia Kjærsgaard|
|Member of the Folketing|
Assumed office |
21 September 1994
Kristian Thulesen Dahl|
30 July 1969
|Political party||Danish People's Party|
Berit Holmgaard Olesen|
|Alma mater||Aalborg University|
Kristian Thulesen Dahl (born 30 July 1969) is a Danish politician who has served as Leader of the Danish People's Party since September 2012. He has been a Member of the Folketing (MP) since September 1994.
In 2013, Thulesen Dahl argued that Denmark to a larger extent should accept more refugees coming from non-Muslim countries and fewer from Muslim countries. In the same interview, he declared himself a supporter of freedom of religion, thus a Dane who wishes to convert to Islam is free to do so, however, he also stated that he believes that there is no room in Denmark for more people with a Muslim background.
In 2014, a poll of Danish right wing voters showed that Thulesen Dahl was more popular as a possible candidate for Prime Minister than any other leader of the Danish right wing parties, including former Primer Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen. He, however, did not consider himself a candidate for that post.
In the 2015 Danish general elections, Thulesen's first election as party leader, his party won 37 of 179 seats in parliament becoming the second largest party. Thulesen Dahl received more than 57,000 personal votes. While his party became the largest in the right wing bloc, and he was much more popular than Venstre's candidate for Prime Minister, Lars Løkke Rasmussen, he refused that he was in play as a possible Prime Minister of Denmark.
- NIKLAS REHN. "Pia K.: "Det er vemodigt. Jeg ville lyve, hvis jeg sagde andet"". Politiken. Archived from the original on September 16, 2012.
- Peter Stanners (August 8, 2012). "Pia K to stand aside as DF's leader". Copenhagen Post.
- Profile page for Kristian Thulesen Dahl at the Danish Parliament Website
- "Thulesen Dahl : Der skal ikke flere muslimer til Danmark". Vejle Amts Folkeblad. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
Men som holdning synes jeg ikke, at der er plads til flere med muslimsk baggrund, siger Kristian Thulesen Dahl.
- "Thulesen Dahl afviser sig selv som statsminister". jyllands-posten.dk (in Danish).
- "Danish election: Opposition bloc wins". BBC News.
|This article about a Danish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|