Kristin (TV series)
|Created by||John Markus|
|Theme music composer||Jeanine Tesori|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (7 unaired)|
|Executive producer(s)||John Markus|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Markusfarms Productions|
Paramount Network Television
|Original release||June 5 –|
July 10, 2001
Kristin Yancey (Kristin Chenoweth), a perky Oklahoman woman, takes a job as a secretary in New York City while she looks for work in show business. What she does not know is that her boss Tommy Ballantine (Jon Tenney), hired her so he would not be tempted to sleep with her.
- Kristin Chenoweth as Kristin Yancey
- Jon Tenney as Tommy Ballantine, Kristin's boss
- Ana Ortiz as Santa Clemente, Kristin's friend
- Larry Romano as Aldo Bonnadonna, Tommy's right-hand man
Michael Speier of Variety called the series a "dud" with "incredibly stale one-liners, on-the-cheap production values and boring supporting players". Anita Gates in The New York Times wrote: "The plots and situations are just tired, like the show's saccharine theme song".
|No.||Title||Directed by ||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||"Pilot"||James Widdoes||John Markus||June 5, 2001||001|
|2||"The In-Crowd"||Brian K. Roberts||Dawn Urbont||June 12, 2001||004|
|3||"The Homewrecker"||Lee Shallat-Chemel||Alicia Sky Varinaitis||June 19, 2001||011|
|4||"The Scene"||Ken Levine||Teleplay by: John Markus & Earl Pomerantz |
Story by: Jamie Gorenberg
|June 26, 2001||006|
|5||"The Mother"||Lee Shallat-Chemel||John Markus & Earl Pomerantz||July 3, 2001||012|
|6||"The Rival"||Jerry Zaks||Dan Cohen & F.J. Pratt||July 10, 2001||013|
|7||"The Gift"||Lee Shallat Chemel||John Markus & Earl Pomerantz||Unaired||002|
|8||"The Gatekeeper"||Lee Shallat-Chemel||Bill Wrubel||Unaired||003|
|9||"The Escort"||Paul Lazarus||Teri Schaffer||Unaired||005|
|10||"The Rift"||Paul Lazarus||Dan Cohen & F.J. Pratt||Unaired||007|
|11||"The Showdown"||Jerry Zaks||Bill Wrubel||Unaired||008|
|12||"The Crush"||Ken Levine||Alicia Sky Varinaitis||Unaired||009|
|13||"The Secret"||Lee Shallat Chemel||John Markus & Earl Pomerantz||Unaired||010|
- Speier, Michael (June 3, 2001). "Kristin". Variety. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- Wren, Celia (July 29, 2001). "Trying to Act Saintly Nowadays Can Be a Hair Shirt". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- Gates, Anita (June 5, 2001). "TELEVISION REVIEW; Moral Code Guides a Bible-Belt Barbie". The New York Times.
- From the United States Copyright Office catalog: "Public Catalog - Copyright Catalog (1978 to present) - Basic Search [search: "Kristin : no."]". United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
|This article relating to a comedy television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|