||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cavallari in September 2010
|Born||Kristin Elizabeth Cavallari
January 5, 1987
Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Education||Barrington High School
Laguna Beach High School
|Occupation||Television personality, fashion designer, actress|
|Spouse(s)||Jay Cutler (m. 2013)|
Kristin Elizabeth Cutler (née Cavallari; born January 5, 1987) is an American television personality, fashion designer, and actress. Born in Denver, Colorado, she attended Laguna Beach High School as a teenager. In 2004, Cavallari came to prominence after being cast in the reality television series Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, which documented the lives of her and her friends.
After moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career in 2006, Cavallari appeared in several television series as minor characters.
Cavallari was in her junior year of high school when the first season of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County began production. At the time, she was involved in an on-and-off relationship with senior Stephen Colletti. Cavallari's romance with Colletti caused a rivalry with another cast member, Lauren Conrad. The love triangle became one of the series' central plot lines.
In May 2009, Cavallari confirmed she would be joining the cast of Laguna Beach's spin-off series, The Hills. She made her first appearance on the series during the fifth season's mid-season finale on May 31, 2009, at Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt's wedding, where she caught the bouquet. The second half of the season premiered on September 29, 2009, with Cavallari assuming the position of former main cast member and narrator Conrad. Despite originally signing a deal with MTV to appear in two additional seasons following the fifth, the sixth and final season concluded on July 13, 2010.
After Laguna Beach, Cavallari headed to Los Angeles and signed on the UPN reality television series Get This Party Started, which premiered February 7, 2006. The series was canceled after airing two episodes. She appeared on one episode of another UPN series, Veronica Mars, and went on to guest roles on series including CSI: NY, Cane, and Adventures in Hollyhood. In 2006, she signed on as Crystal in the horror film Fingerprints.
In 2008, she had a supporting role as Summer in Spring Breakdown alongside Amy Poehler. The film was released straight-to-DVD on June 2, 2009, and received mixed reviews. She also starred in the independent film Green Flash alongside Torrey DeVitto. In 2009, she starred in the independent American high school comedy film, Wild Cherry, as Trish, which also starred Rumer Willis. She also starred in the straight-to-DVD film, National Lampoon's Van Wilder: Freshman Year, as Kaitlyn. The film was released July 14, 2009, to mixed to negative reviews.
Charity work and public image
Cavallari has been involved in the "Until There's a Cure" public service advertising campaign, to raise awareness and funds for AIDS and HIV research and vaccine development. In 2006, Cavallari appeared in ads for PETA, and has also appeared as a celebrity spokesperson for "We Are Ellis Island", a campaign for the restoration of Ellis Island. In February 2009, she posed for the NOH8 Campaign in support of gay marriage.
In March 2014, Cavallari drew national criticism for refusing to vaccinate her children, a decision she and her husband, Jay Cutler based on fears of a connection between childhood vaccination and autism.
From 2015-2016, the former website Gawker ran a series of daily articles on Cavallari for a streak of 415 days. The series, by Allie Jones, was called "500 Days of Kristin"—although it ended after just 415 days, with the publication of Cavallari's book Balancing in Heels. By treating Cavallari's quotidian Instagram posts as newsworthy, the series appeared to gently mock the culture of celebrity women on social media.
Cavallari began dating Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler in late 2010, and became engaged to him in April 2011. They called off the engagement in July 2011, but reconciled in November 2011. Cavallari and Cutler wed on June 8, 2013, in Nashville, Tennessee. They have three children: sons Camden (born August 8, 2012), Jaxon (born May 7, 2014) and daughter Saylor (born November 23, 2015).
|2006||Veronica Mars||Kylie Marker||Episode: "Versatile Toppings"|
|2007||Cheerleader Camp||Julie||Television movie|
|2007||Cane||Casey||Episode: "Family Business"|
|2008||Green Flash aka Beach Kings||Lana||Direct-to-DVD release|
|2008||CSI: NY||Isabelle Vaughn||Episode: "Forbidden Fruit"|
|2008||Spring Breakdown||Lizzie - Seven #3|
|2009||Wild Cherry||Trish van Doren|
|2009||National Lampoon's Van Wilder: Freshman Year||Kaitlin Hayes||Direct-to-DVD release|
|2011||The Middle||Ms. Devereaux||Episode: "Friends, Lies, and Videotape"|
|2012-13||The League||Herself||Season 4, Episode 4; Season 5, Episode 3|
|2004–05||Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County||28 episodes|
|2006||Get This Party Started||Host; 2 episodes|
|2009–10||The Hills||23 episodes (Guest appearance Season 5 Episode 10,Main Cast Season 5 Episode 11-Season 6 Episode 12)|
|2011||RuPaul's Drag Race||Season 3|
|2011||America's Next Top Model||Guest Judge; Season 17, Episode 3|
|2011||Dancing with the Stars||Season 13, Eliminated week 3|
|2012||Cupcake Wars||Guest Judge; Season 6, Episode 9: "Kristin Cavallari's Baby Shower"|
- Hendricks, Maggie (June 21, 2013). "Jay Cutler, Kristin Cavallari Tie the Knot". Chicago: WMAQ-TV (NBCUniversal. Archived from the original on September 5, 2014. Retrieved June 7, 2013. citing Cavallari, Kristin (June 7, 2013). "Im officially Kristin Elizabeth Cutler!!!!!". Kristin Cavallari verified Twitter account.
- "Kristin Cavallari biography". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on November 13, 2013. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Descendants of Friedrich Wilhelm Eifrig". Genealogy.com. 2009. Archived from the original on July 13, 2015. Retrieved November 3, 2010. Note: Source spells first name "Kirsten".
- "Stars' Family Holiday Traditions: Kristin Cavallari". US Magazine. Archived from the original on November 17, 2012.
...the former reality star does Christmas big with her Italian family. 'We would always do a big Italian feast. My dad would make homemade raviolis and all kinds of things...My mom is German...'
- "It's official: Kristin Cavallari joins 'The Hills'". Los Angeles Times. May 14, 2009. Archived from the original on May 17, 2009. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- Stack, Tim (May 14, 2009). "Exclusive interview: 'Laguna Beach' star Kristin Cavallari on joining 'The Hills'". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on April 6, 2015. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "Kristin Cavallari: Try Telling Him It's Just a Little Trim". PETA. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Kristin Cavallari, Mams Taylor, & Jennifer Gimenez". NOH8 Campaign. 23 February 2009. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Kristin Cavallari defends decision not to vaccinate her son". Fox News. March 14, 2014. Archived from the original on January 25, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- Eby, Margaret (March 19, 2014). "Kristin Cavallari defends anti-vaccination choice: 'We feel like we're making the best decision for our kids'". Daily News. New York City. Archived from the original on September 17, 2014.
- Takeda, Allison (March 19, 2014). "Kristin Cavallari Defends Anti-Vaccine Stance: 'We're Making the Best Decision for Our Kids'". Us Weekly. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015.
- James, James (November 18, 2015). International Business Times http://www.ibtimes.com/gawker-editor-chief-alex-pareene-we-wont-be-garbage-buzzfeed-or-humorless-vox-2190229. Retrieved August 24, 2016. Missing or empty
- Garcia, Jennifer (September 29, 2010). "Caught in the Act!". People.
- Garcia, Jennifer (July 24, 2011). "Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Call Off Engagement". People.com.
- Shira, Dahvi (November 30, 2011). "Kristin Cavallari & Jay Cutler Are Engaged ... Again!". People.
- Jordan, Julie (June 12, 2013). "Kristin Cavallari Tells All About Her 'Absolutely Perfect' Wedding Day". People.
- Leon, Anya (August 8, 2012). "Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Son Camden Jack". People.
- Messer, Lesley. "Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler Welcome Son Jaxon Wyatt". ABC News. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Rayne, Naja (November 23, 2015). "Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari Welcome Daughter Saylor James". People. Retrieved November 23, 2015.
- Puente, Maria (December 10, 2015). "Kristin Cavallari's brother found dead". USA Today. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Death of Kristin Cavallari's brother ruled accidental". Fox News. February 10, 2016. Retrieved August 24, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristin Cavallari.|