Kristin Anne Fisher
July 29, 1983
Fox News Network
Walker Harrison Forehand
Kristin Fisher was raised in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Dr. Anna Lee Fisher and Dr. William Frederick Fisher. Both her parents were astronauts and emergency medical physicians. She graduated with a BA in broadcast journalism from Boston University’s College of Communication.
After school, Fisher worked for ABC-affiliate KJCT-LP in Grand Junction, Colorado and then ABC-affiliate KATV in Little Rock, Arkansas. In 2009, she moved to Washington, D.C. where she worked as a freelance correspondent for ABC News/NewsOne and then for four years at CBS-affiliate WUSA-TV.
A few days before Thanksgiving 2019, Fisher's bureau chief offered her the position of White House correspondent, though he could not inform her what the position was at the time as he was only permitted to say that it was a position she would want. Fisher had been planning to host a holiday celebration for guests, including family members in town for a visit, but was intrigued by the secrecy, and trusting her chief, accepted the assignment. The day before Thanksgiving, she was instructed to pack warm clothes, and meet a man in a Washington, D.C. parking garage, whom she took to be a Secret Service agent. From there, she traveled to Joint Base Andrews, where she was required to have all of her electronic devices temporarily confiscated, before being flown to West Palm Beach, Florida. There, President Donald Trump boarded the plane back to Andrews, with Fisher the sole journalist on the plane. Back at Andrews, she and Trump boarded Air Force One, and flew to Afghanistan, where Trump would meet with U.S. troops and that nation's president, Ashraf Ghani, to discuss restarting negotiations with the Taliban.
In 2010, Fisher won an Emmy Award for her bi-weekly segments on heroes in the greater Washington community. Fisher also founded a documentary film company, Field Mouse Films, which makes films for both news outlets and corporate clients.
In 2011, Fisher married Walker Harrison Forehand at the Church of the Holy City in Washington, D.C. She met her husband in Athens, Greece in 2003 while studying abroad. Their daughter Clara Fisher Forehand was born on December 19, 2017.
- "Kristin Fisher". Fox News. Retrieved June 24, 2017
- McCarthy, Ellen (April 22, 2011). "Weddings: Walker Forehand marries Kristin Fisher". The Washington Post.
- Sassoon, Mara. "KRISTIN FISHER: ON THE TRUMP BEAT". Com Talk. Boston University College of Communication. Archived from the original on May 18, 2020. Retrieved July 2, 2020.
- "Kristin Fisher and Walker Forehand". The New York Times. April 1, 2011
- Grinapol, Corinne (May 13, 2015). "FNC Hires Kristin Fisher for DC Bureau – Fisher replaces Molly Henneberg". Adweek.
- Katz, A.J. (December 21, 2017). "Two Fox Newsers Give Birth on Same Day". Adweek.