Kristin Kuhns Alexandre
|Kristin Kuhns Alexandre|
Alexandre in 2016
|Occupation||Writer, Journalist, Author, Screenwriter, Producer|
|Education||Sweet Briar College|
Nuncio and the Gypsy Girl in the Gilded Age
|Spouse||DeWitt Loomis Alexandre|
Kristin Kuhns Alexandre (born July 15, 1948, in Dayton, Ohio) is an American writer, journalist, author, screenwriter, and producer. She is best known for her work as a WGA screenwriter and her role as executive producer for the action thriller, "Altar Rock," directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak.
Kristin Alexandre was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio, where her family has an extended history. Alexandre later left Dayton to attend and graduate from Sweet Briar College. Her graphic novel series, Nuncio and the Gypsy Girl, features Neci Stans, a Dayton gypsy princess whose love for Ezra Crawford, a Dayton aviator and composer, exposes her to danger.
From 1968-1978, Kristin was married to William Norris Hubbard. Alexandre and her husband were among the group of organizers that headed up the New York City activities for the first Earth Day on April 22, 1970. She was the speaker Coordinator for the NYC event.
Alexandre went on to marry Richard Warren Gerrity in 1981. Today, Alexandre is a resident of Delray Beach, Florida where she lives with her husband of 30 years, DeWitt Loomis Alexandre, an investment advisor.
In addition to her novel writing and film work, Alexandre has written feature stories for The Christian Science Monitor, Ingenue Magazine, Town & Country Magazine, and The New York Daily News. She also wrote a weekly column called "The Young Slant" for The Dayton Journal Herald. Alexandre's first writing experience was with The Kettering-Oakwood Times when she documented her experiences with The Experiment in International Living through a series of columns she submitted while living in France.
Alexandre also worked as a publicist for the advertising agency Ammirati Puris Lintas, the Puerto Rico Economic Development Administration, Rums of Puerto Rico and Sweet Briar College. She was editor of the corporate magazine for Champion International U.S. Plywood and C.I.T. Financial Corporation.
In the early 1970s, Alexandre was a reporter on one episode of WNET's 51st State. She is also President of The Kuhns Investment Co. LLC, a small, privately held family investment company located in Dayton, Ohio.
|2012||Delivering the Goods||Co-Executive Producer||Film|
|2013||Dear Margaret||Associate Producer||Short|
|2016||Collected Kingdom||Executive Producer||Short|
|2017||Altar Rock||Producer, Writer||Film|
|2017||Grey Lady||Associate Producer||Film|
- Nuncio and the Gypsy Girl in the Gilded Age. 2012. ISBN 978-0190626020.
- Gem City Gyspy. 2013. ISBN 978-1940016023.
- Find a Great Guy: Now and Forever. 2008. ISBN 978-0977668717.
- The Perfect Gentleman: The Secrets Rich Girls Use To Choose The Classiest Guys. 2007. ISBN 978-0977668700.
- Baker, Bill (19 November 2011). "Comics: Kristin Alexandre on Nuncio and the Gypsy Girl in the Gilded Age". The Morton Report. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Weds William Norris Hubbard. NY Times August 2, 1981". Nytimes.com. 1981-08-02. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "Earth Day". Help Save Nature. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Published: September 11, 1988 (1988-09-11). "Weds William Warren Garrity. NY Times September 11, 1988". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- Hubbard, Kristin (19 March 1973). "The Christian Science Monitor". The Christian Science Monitor. New York (Arts and Entertainment): 16.
- Hubbard, Kristin (May 1972). "How to Split Up Without Breaking Down". Ingenue Magazine.
- Hubbard, Kristin (June 1976). "Town & Country". House Beautiful. 118 (6).
- Hubbard, Kristin (November 19, 1972). "Mad. Ave Rolls Out the Red Carpet for The Shoeshine Man". The New York Daily News..
- Kuhns, Kristin (15 July 1966). "The Young Slant". Dayton Journal Herald.
- Kuhns, Kristin (1972). "Citations: Experiment in International Living". The Kettering-Oakwood Times. Dayton, Ohio.
- "The 51st State". Reporter. Thirteen/WNET New York and the Educational Broadcasting Corporation.
- "Kuhns Investment". LLC and investment company. Manta Media Inc.
- "Kristin Alexandre Profile". webpage. The Black List.