Kristina Akheeva at IIJW, 2013
|Born||1 November 1986|
Kristina Akheeva (born 1 November 1986) is an Australian actress and model. She made her Bollywood debut with 2013 film Yamla Pagla Deewana 2, followed by Telugu film Galipatam which released in 2014. She debuted in Kannada in a Upendra classic Uppi 2.
Kristina was born in Khabarovsk, Russia, to a Tajikistani-Russian father and Russian Mother. At age 7, Kristina moved to Australia where she spent the rest of her school life. At 21, a modelling agent in Singapore offered her a 3-month modelling contract, she accepted and spent 6 years working as a model and living in 6 different countries including India.
Akheeva had studied acting at the Film and TV Academy in Melbourne Australia, before becoming a full-time model. She spent 6 years Modeling around the world and living in 6 different countries. She had done campaigns for brands such as Palmolive, Sunsilk, Vaseline lotion, dish TV  and was the face of many fashion and jewellery brands worldwide.
While in India for a modelling contract she auditioned for the lead role opposite Sunny Deol in Sangeeth Sivan's action comedy Yamla Pagla Deewana 2. Looking for a foreign face, the filmmakers chose her  and she took a break from modelling. In August 2012 her casting was confirmed. During the filming she worked on her Hindi and dubbed for herself. Writing for The Hindu, Anuj Kumar opined that Akheeva "[seemed] suitable to play [Sunny's] daughter". He criticised the film and called its plot "nonsensical". Deol's father Dharmendra who also played an important role in the film said that he wanted " to play [Deol's] character so that I could have romanced her.".
In 2014 she made her Tollywood debut with Galipatam. Directed by debutante Naveen Gandhi. Akheeva garnered praise for her performance, Tollywood times wrote, "She is one girl to watch out for. Although she is from Australia, she eases comfortably into the part of an Indian girl. Her performance was brilliant. She is a well-trained actress and will soon reach more heights in Telugu Cinema.". Akheeva has also acted in a lead role for a new Kannada movie named Uppi2 opposite Upendra. The film is a bilingual released in Kannada and Telugu, the movie has set the record for being highest rated movie in the world. She is also a trained salsa dancer. During India International Jewellery Week 2013, she was the showstopper for Anmol jewellers and in 2014 IIJW. she was the showstopper for D Navinchandra.
|2013||Yamla Pagla Deewana 2||Reet||Debut Hindi Film|||
|2014||Galipatam||Parineeti||Debut Telugu Film|||
|2015||Uppi 2||Lakshmi||Debut Kannada Film|||
- "Kristina Akheeva acting career".
- "The Kudi Who Backpacks". The Pioneer. 30 May 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Get to know this Russian beauty". The Tribune. Chandigarh. 12 April 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Marwah, Navdeep Kaur (20 July 2011). "Advertising infidelity". Hindustan Times. New Delhi: HT Media. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Borders and language no bar". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Vijayakar, Rajiv (14 April 2013). "Sunny side of films". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Kristina's new adventure". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. 24 August 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Making a mark in B-town". Deccan Herald. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "He-man & his hot brood". The Tribune. Chandigarh. 2 June 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Kumar, Anuj (9 June 2013). "Nonsensical plot". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Press Trust of India (3 June 2013). "Destroyed myself as actor with my drinking habit: Dharmendra". Deccan Herald. New Delhi. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Murthy, Neeraja (7 August 2014). "High on confidence". The Hindu. Hyderabad: The Hindu Group. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Tankha, Madhur (30 March 2013). "Sunny's back with some comedy and action". The Hindu. New Delhi: The Hindu Group. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Sharma, Garima; Sinha, Seema (26 August 2013). "Karisma, Kangana sparkle on ramp". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Press Trust of India (25 May 2013). "Sunny Deol is shy and disciplined: Kristina Akheeva". Mumbai: CNN-IBN. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Video: Galipatam promo song looks peppy". The Times of India. The Times Group. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Kumar, Hemanth (11 June 2014). "Kristina Akheeva to romance Upendra in Uppi 2". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kristina Akheeva.|