O'Dowd makes the USC "V" for victory sign after a 2008 fall practice at USC
|Date of birth:||May 14, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Tucson, Arizona|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||304 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Tucson (AZ) Salpointe|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Kristofer O'Dowd (born May 14, 1988) is a former American football center. He was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football for the University of Southern California.
High school career
O'Dowd's 2006 honors included Parade All-American, EA Sports All-American first team, Super Prep All-American, Prep Star All-American, USA Today All-USA second team, Super Prep Elite 50, Prep Star 100, Rivals.com 100, Super Prep All-Farwest, Prep Star All-West, Scout.com All-West, Long Beach Press-Telegram Best in the West first team, Orange County Register Fab 15 first team, Tacoma News-Tribune Western 100 and All-State as a senior offensive lineman at Salpointe Catholic High in Tucson (Ariz.). He was also invited to play in the 2007 U.S. Army All-American Bowl alongside fellow USC recruits Marc Tyler, Chris Galippo, and Everson Griffen. He recorded 90 pancake blocks in 2006. As a junior in 2005, he made the All-State first team. He also attended Salpointe Catholic Highschool in Tucson, Arizona.
The 6-foot-5, 300-pound O'Dowd is the first true freshman in USC history to start a game at center for the Trojans. According to USC officials, the last true freshman to start an opener on the offensive line was guard Travis Claridge against Penn State in 1996. Guard Brad Budde was the only other true freshman offensive lineman to start a post-World War II opener. Budde played against Missouri in 1976. His sophomore year, he was named to the 2008 First Team All-Pac-10.
Despite being considered the 3rd best Center prospect in the NFL draft, O'Dowd was not selected in the 2011 NFL Draft. He was signed as a free agent by the Arizona Cardinals. He was released on September 2, 2011.
New York Jets
- Player Bio: Kristoffer O'Dowd :: Football
- "Freshman will get start at center - Los Angeles Times". Archived from the original on 2005-09-11.
- Klein, Gary (September 7, 2009). "Offensive linemen made presence felt". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 8, 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-19. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 25, 2011. Retrieved July 26, 2011.
- Mehta, Manish (13 March 2012). "NY Jets owner Woody Johnson says Gang Green 'passed' on Peyton Manning in favor of keeping Mark Sanchez". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Vrentas, Jenny (6 May 2012). "Jets sign QB Matt Simms, son of Phil Simms". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 6 May 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- O'Neil, Danny (16 August 2012). "Personnel matter: Seahawks add a center". The Seattle Times. Archived from the original on 17 August 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kris O'Dowd.|