This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||David Kristoffer Gildenlöw|
27 July 1978 |
|Genres||Singer-Songwriter, Progressive rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, guitar, cello, double bass, vocals, drums, synthesizer, mandolin|
|Associated acts||Pain of Salvation
Kristoffer Gildenlöw (born 27 July 1978 in Eskilstuna, Sweden) is a Swedish musician and singer-songwriter who studied and mastered piano, drums, double bass, guitar, classical vocals and music design at Karlskoga Folkhögskola KM-Studios in Karlskoga, Sweden. Gildenlöw's skill as a bass guitarist granted him the endorsement by Mayones guitars for more than a decade. The artist's career in music began as bass guitarist for Swedish progressive metal band Pain of Salvation.
History: (1994 - 2006)
In the genre of progressive metal/rock, Kristoffer Gildenlöw is perhaps best known for his eleven year career (1995-2006) as bass guitarist for world-renowned Swedish band, Pain of Salvation (PoS). In 1994, at the age of 16 years, Kristoffer Gildenlöw replaced the original PoS bass player and became a member of the band. This line-up of the Gildenlöw brothers (Kristoffer and Daniel), Johan Langell, and Daniel Magdic recorded a demo called Hereafter, which the band sent out to record companies; they were signed by InsideOut Music record label in 1998. Kristoffer performed on the following Pain of Salvation studio albums: Entropia (1997), One Hour by the Concrete Lake (1998), The Perfect Element, Part I (2000), Remedy Lane (2002), BE (2004). In addition to the studio albums, Kristoffer Gildenlöw performed on the live albums with PoS: 12:5 (2003). and BE Live (2004); as well as the single known as Ashes (2000). There were several demos and unofficial releases of PoS that featured Kristoffer's bass guitar: Hereafter (Demo) 1996, The Painful Chronicles (magazine compilation album), Live in Barcelona (fan club release). In addition to the demos and albums, he also performed on Pain of Salvation DVD called, BE (2004).
Session musician: (2006–present)
In 2006, Gildenlöw left Sweden and PoS to reside in the Netherlands. The next six years were focused on creating his first solo album, but he also remained active in the music scene recording bass lines for various artists. In addition to studio recordings, Gildenlöw is in high demand for his bass skills as a session musician for live performances and touring. Although all live performances and tours are noteworthy, three highly acclaimed tours that included Gildenlöw in band were: Lana Lane, (2005) Neal Morse (2009) Damian Wilson (2011). There are too many guest performances to list all of them, but among other noteworthy side-projects is the artists short-lived but very popular band, Dial. Dial was founded in late 2003 by Liselotte Hegt, Rommert van der Meer and Kristoffer Gildenlöw. In summer 2006, the band went to Austria to record their debut album Synchronized together with producer Devon Graves (of Deadsoul Tribe and Psychotic Waltz). This album was released in May 2007 through Prog Rock Records (US). Perhaps the most haunting song from Dial, is Seven Degrees Below Zero, the video became a sort of cult status in 2010. As session musician from 1995 til present day, he has performed on over thirty studio recordings of many prominent artists and alongside his solo career, Kristoffer Gildenlöw is still an active session musician. (See discography).
Solo artist: (2012–present)
2012/2013: Gildenlöw’s solo career as a singer-songwriter took flight with release of his debut album, RUST (2012), which featured a wide range of music and guest musicians. RUST was originally released as a deluxe vinyl album; the CD version of RUST (2013) was released almost a year later both via Glassville Records. "Fragile, dark, melancholic and soothing is the theme as Kristoffer Gildenlöw’s RUST takes us on a sentimental journey through memories and dreams. Although this is not a concept album in any way, there is a red line throughout the album, dealing with youth, growing old, death and finding peace in life. The music is a personal emotional journey with a singer songwriter feel, ambient art rock moods and even touches of folk. Gildenlöw had been working on RUST for 6 years. Using whatever he needed to get the feeling right. RUST ended up with 27 guests on the album including Ruud Jolie (Within Temptation), Fredrik Hermansson (ex Pain of Salvation), Ola Hedén (ex Flower Kings)." 
2014/2015: Kristoffer Gildenlöw is also known for his humanitarian efforts surrounding his highly acclaimed single, Pass the Torch, which was written, composed, arranged, produced, mixed and mastered exclusively by Gildenlöw for the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Fund, an organization in Kenya that rescues and cares for orphaned baby elephants.  The single is available as a digital download only with the following direct quote from the artist: "I wrote this song exclusively for The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to raise awareness and money to support their great cause of saving orphaned elephants and rhinos in Africa. All money made on this song will go directly to DSWT.org."
2015: October 2015 Kristoffer Gildenlöw struck a multi-project deal with Melodic Revolution Records label.
2015/2016: Media hype has begun for Gildenlöw's second solo album, 'The Rain' which is scheduled to be released 2016, with a release party set at Cultuur Podium de Boerderij in Zoetermeer, Netherlands on March 25, 2016.  'The Rain' will feature Fredrik Hermansson (former Pain of Salvation), Lars Erik Asp from the Norwegian band Gazpacho on drums and percussion, Paul Coenradie (Valentine), on guitar, Anne Bakker (Blaze Bayley) on violins and viola, and Maaike Peterse (Ayreon Theater Equation, Kingfisher Sky and Kovacs) on cello. Gildenlöw also said in a recent interview for Headbangers Lifestyle Magazine: "As `RUST’ had more of a “theme” of growing older and coming to terms with past and future, the new album does have an actual concept to it. The new album is about the struggles and life of a man with dementia - Alzheimer’s disease. Each song will deal with different memories, emotions, and ideas and this creates a good bone structure for the whole concept of the album. Luckily, I don’t have first-hand experience with family or friends who suffer from dementia, but I’ve read and seen many different stories over the years and I have no problem with empathy or placing myself in other people’s situations. I am intrigued by walking in other people’s shoes and these songs reflect how I think I would feel if I one day had to fight dementia myself." 
- ↑ http://www.kristoffergildenlow.com/bio.html
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_of_Salvation#Former_Members
- ↑ http://glassvillerecords.com/kristoffer-gildenlow/
- ↑ http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=102244
- ↑ http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kristoffergildenlow13
- ↑ http://cultuurpodiumboerderij.nl/programma/antimatter-kristoffer-gildenlow/
- ↑ http://www.headbangerslifestyle.com/interviews/129/kristoffer-gildenl%C3%B6w-shelters-from-the-rain-while-recording-his-second-solo-album
- Solo Career: Kristoffer Gildenlow - Rust (2012)
- Solo Career: Single: Kristoffer Gildenlow – Pass The Torch (2015)
- Solo Career: The Rain (2016-scheduled release date)
- Arcana ...And Even Wolves Hid Their Teeth And Tongue Wherever Shelter Was Given (comp/1995)
- Arcana – Dark Age of Reason (1996)
- Demo: Pain of Salvation – Hereafter (Demo) 1996
- UR: Pain of Salvation – The Painful Chronicles (magazine compilation album)
- UR: Pain of Salvation – Live in Barcelona (fan club release)
- Pain of Salvation – Entropia (1997)
- Pain of Salvation – One Hour by the Concrete Lake (1998)
- Pain of Salvation – The Perfect Element, Part I (2000)
- Single: Pain of Salvation – Ashes (2000)
- Cirrha Niva – Liaison de la Morte (2001)
- Pain of Salvation – Remedy Lane (2002)
- Live Album: Pain of Salvation – 12:5 (2003)
- Pain of Salvation – BE (2004)
- Live Album: Pain of Salvation – BE Live (2004)
- DVD: Pain of Salvation – BE (2004)
- Lana Lane – Lady MacBeth (2005)
- DvD: Lana Lane 10th Year Anniversary Concert (live in Tokyo) (2006)
- DIAL – Synchronized (2007)
- Lana Lane - Best of Lana Lane 2000-2008 (2008)
- Skytah – Breathe (2008)
- Dark Suns - Grave Human Genuine (2008)
- Harmony - Chapter II: Aftermath (2008)
- EP: Harmony - End of My Road (2008)
- DvD: Pain of Salvation – Endingtheme (On the Two Deaths of Pain of Salvation) (2009)
- Omnia - Wolf Love (2010)
- The Shadow Theory - Behind the Black Veil (2010)
- DvD: Damian Wilson Band – Cheers Lads - 20 Years of Avoiding a job (2011)
- For All We Know – For All We Know (2011)
- Consortium Project – V: Species (2011)
- Niels Vejlyt – Sthenic (2011)
- Epysode – Obsessions (2011)
- Niels Veilyt - Sthenic (2011)
- Flaming Row - Mirage (2014)
- Kingfisher Sky - Arms of Morpheus (2014)
- Renaissance of Fools - Spring (2015)
- Mr. Fastfinger - Spirit Rising (2015)
- "Kristoffer Gildenlöw". www.kristoffergildenlow.com. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "CustomGuitarBoutique.com: Kristoffer Gildenlöw talks to customguitarboutique.com about his Mayones". customguitarboutique.blogspot.nl. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Pain of Salvation".