|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Krosswindz in Kolkata
|Genres||Bengali Rock, Fusion|
|Labels||Sa Re Ga Ma
Sagarika Music Pvt. Ltd.
Krosswindz (Bengali: ক্রসউইন্ডস) is a Bengali rock/folk-fusion band, based in Kolkata, India. They have played all over India and abroad, and have helped urbanize the folk music of Bengal and have tried to make it popular. Krosswindz is one of the few Kolkata based Bengali rock bands who have female singers in their lead vocals.
The band was formed in 1990, and started out playing at college festivals. Today, they have toured all over India and have played at all major college festivals and stadium concerts. The band has performed and collaborated with internationally reputed names like Herbie Hancock (USA), Sky High (Sweden), Tizian Jost (Germany),Pandit Ramesh Mishra (Indian Sarangi Player) and The Jazz Ambassadors(USA). The band's music has been featured in numerous documentary films and commercials.
- Vikramjit (Tuki) Banerjee - Lead guitars,vocals,songwriter,producer (also worked with Bhoomi)
- Chandrani Banerjee - Lead vocals,Songwriter (also worked with Bhoomi)
- Ratanjit - Keyboards, Indian folk instruments
|Year||Album Name||Record Label|
|2011||Phire Dekha||Sa Re Ga Ma|
|2006||Dhoan||Sagarika Music Pvt. Ltd.|
|2005||Misiki Misiki||Sagarika Music Pvt. Ltd.|
|2004||Jhiko Jhiko||Sagarika Music Pvt. Ltd.|
|2003||Music of the Globe||Joe Anthony Productions, USA|
|2002||Bhebe Dekhecho Ki||Kosmic Music|
|2002||One World||Kosmic Music|
|1999||Khyapar Gaan||Asha Audio|
|1996||Path Gechhe Benke||Sagarika Music Pvt. Ltd.|
|1995||Aabaar Bochhor Kuri Pore||Asha Audio|
|1994||Singles||BMG Crescendo (India)|
- Banerjee, Subhajit (March 22, 2006). "Of music, energy and connection - American jams with Calcutta". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph.
- "Musical milestones". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. October 3, 2010.
- "Bangla band returns to rock roots - Puja release for album". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. August 1, 2006.
- "Ready for change, not switchover - Bhojpuri experiment for Bengali fusion band". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. April 23, 2007.
- "Gigs galore to ring in New Year - Calcutta band Krosswindz takes 20,000-strong Shillong crowd into 2007". Calcutta, India: The Telegraph. January 1, 2007.
- "Double bonanza for Krosswindz". The Times of India. Jul 5, 2009.
- "A musical extravaganza for Kolkata". The Times of India. Apr 23, 2009.
|This article on an Asian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the music of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|