|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Elevation AMSL||26 m / 84 ft|
Kokkola-Pietarsaari Airport (Swedish: Karleby-Jakobstad flygplats, Finnish: Kokkola-Pietarsaaren lentoasema; IATA: KOK, ICAO: EFKK) is located in Kronoby, Finland, about 19 kilometres (12 mi) south of Kokkola city centre and 30 kilometres (19 mi) north-east of Jakobstad city centre.
The airport opened to traffic in 1960, when Aero began operating a route between Helsinki and Kokkola-Pietarsaari, then Kruunupyy Airport. In 1964 the first airport and air traffic control building are completed.
In 1991 the airport's runway is extended to 2,500 metres, while in 1997 the terminal's expansion is completed.
Until March 1, 2010, the name of the airport was Kruunupyy Airport or Kronoby Airport.
In 2010, about 80,000 passengers traveled via the airport. Scheduled serviced to Helsinki Airport is flown by Nordic Regional Airlines (Norra), operated as a code-share with Finnair. Finnair ended its own flights to Kokkola-Pietarsaari on 29 October 2010. Flights to Stockholm-Arlanda Airport by Nextjet began on 8 February 2014, with some flights being operated via Pori Airport. During winters, the airport is also used by charter flight airliners with a destination to southern Europe. The airport has two runways.
In 2012 the main runway was paved and the airport's lighting system was replaced.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal charter: Chania|
|Nordic Regional Airlines||Helsinki, Kemi-Tornio|
|Year||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||Change|
|Means of transport||Operator||Route||Destinations||Website||Notes|
|Taxi||Dahl Citybus||Airport Taxi||Kokkola|
|Taxi||City Taxi Jeppis||Airport Taxi||Pietarsaari||www.citytaxijeppis.fi||Pre-book necessary|
- "EFKK Kokkola-Pietarsaari" (PDF). AIP Suomi / Finland. Vantaa: Finavia. 13 December 2012. pp. EFKK AD 2.1, 1–12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 August 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2010" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. pp. 7, 9. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 January 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Finavia – Kokkola-Pietarsaari Airport
- AIP Finland – Kokkola-Pietarsaari Airport
- Current weather for EFKK at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for EFKK at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for KOK at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Accident history for KOK at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in Finland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|