|• Municipal unit||67.6 km2 (26.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||184 m (604 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||1,993|
|• Municipal unit density||29/km2 (76/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||730 07|
Kryonerida (Greek: Κρυονερίδα) is a former municipality in the Chania regional unit, Crete, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Apokoronas, of which it is a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 67.561 km2 (26.085 sq mi). The seat of the municipality of Kryonerida was the large village of Vryses. Vryses became the seat of the new municipality Apokoronas. It is located in foothills of the White Mountains (Lefka Ori).
The municipal unit Kryonerida is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Vryses (Vryses, Metochi, Filippos)
- Vafes (Vafes, Arevitis, Achatzikia)
- Emprosneros (Emprosneros, Vatoudiaris)
- Maza (Maza, Fones, Champatha)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
|This Crete location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|