Solo in 2010
October 8, 1987|
Riga, Latvian SSR, Soviet Union
Ksenia Solo (born 8 October 1987) is a Latvian-Canadian actress, known for portraying Mackenzie "Kenzi" Malikov on Lost Girl. She portrayed Peggy Shippen on Turn: Washington's Spies. Solo also portrayed the character "Natasha" in the 2010 American television series Life Unexpected and Shay Davydov in Season 3 of Orphan Black.
Solo was born in Riga, Latvian SSR, and is of Russian heritage. At the age of five, she moved with her family to Toronto, where she was raised. She studied ballet until the age of 14, when a back injury forced her to stop; her mother is a former ballerina-turned-actress.
Solo played Zoey Jones on the APTN series renegadepress.com. In both 2005 and 2006, she won the Gemini Award for Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series for her work on the show. She went on to appear in other Canadian television series and movies, such as the films Love Thy Neighbor and Mayday, as well as guest-starring on the television series Kojak.
In 2010, Solo played a small role in Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. From 2010 to 2011 she played Natasha Siviac in the CW series Life Unexpected. Since 2010, she has starred as Kenzi in the Showcase series Lost Girl; Solo's heritage and fluency in the Russian language were written into the role. She was cast as Dodge in the pilot episode of Locke & Key, but the series was not picked up by Fox. In 2013, Solo began filming the independent film entitled Another You on location in Charleston, West Virginia.
Solo is involved with the anti-bullying foundation Stand for the Silent, and was made one of their directors.
|2001||A Man of Substance||Hannah||Short film|
|2001||My Louisiana Sky||Abby Lynn Anders|
|2001||What Girls Learn||Girl|
|2002||Sins of the Father||Lucinda|
|2003||The Republic of Love||Micheline|
|2003||Defending Our Kids: The Julie Posey Story||Kristyn Posey|
|2006||Love Thy Neighbor||Erin Benson|
|2017||Another You||Sydney Jameson|
|2017||In Search of Fellini||Lucy|
|2017||Tulipani, Love, Honour and a Bicycle||Anna|
|2000||I Was a Sixth Grade Alien||Xhanthippe||Episode: "Bride of Pleskit!"|
|2000||Earth: Final Conflict||Kathy Simmons||Episode: "Take No Prisoners"|
|2002||Adventure Inc.||Natalie||Episode: "Village of the Lost"|
|2004||Missing||Megan Hahn||Episode: "Judgement Day"|
|2004–08||renegadepress.com||Zoey Jones||Main role; 42 episodes|
Won – Gemini Award for Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series (2005)
Won – Gemini Award for Best Performance in a Children's or Youth Program or Series (2006)
|2005||Kojak||Angela Howard||Episode: "All Bets Off: Part 1"|
|2007||Cold Case||Lena||Episode: "Cargo"|
|2008||Moonlight||Bonnie Morrow||Episode: "Fated to Pretend"|
|2009||Crime Stories||Waitress||Episode: "The Happy Face Killer"|
|2009||The Cleaner||Callie Bell||Episode: "Cinderella"|
|2010–11||Life Unexpected||Natasha Siviac||13 episodes|
|2010–15||Lost Girl||Mackenzie "Kenzi" Malikov||Main role|
Won – Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Series (2011)
Nominated – Canadian Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Series (2013)
|2011||Locke & Key||Dodge||Unsold Fox pilot|
|2012||Lost Girl Finale Pre-Show||as self||Showcase TV special|
|2013||Lost Girl ConFAEdential||as self||Showcase TV special|
|2013||UPYURS6||Kenzi||Lost Girl webisode|
|2013||Lost Girl: An Evening at the Clubhouse||as self||Showcase TV special|
|2015–17||Turn: Washington's Spies||Peggy Shippen||20 episodes|
|2015||Orphan Black||Shay Davydov||Season 3; 6 episodes|
|2018||Blue Book||Susie Miller|||
- Ksenia Solo: "I was born in Riga!" on Twitter
- "Ksenia Solo Interview". TheCelebrityCafe.com Magazine. November 6, 2010. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Ksenia Solo Biography
- Ksenia Solo Biography
- Randoja, Ingrid (November 2010). "Ksenia Solo Dances with the Stars" (PDF). Cineplex Magazine. Cineplex Entertainment. 11 (11): 14. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- Longman, Haley (November 30, 2010). "Exclusive! 'Black Swan' Star Ksenia Solo Talks Nat Portman — and Chanel!". Teen.com. Alloy Media, LLC. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- Cooperberg, Anna (August 23, 2010). "Q & A: Ksenia Solo". Elle Girl. Archived from the original on May 4, 2011. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- "Awards - Renegadepress.com". Vérité Films. OH! Media. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Melrose, Kevin (February 21, 2011). "Fox's Locke & Key Finds Its Dodge". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 21, 2011.
- "'ANOTHER YOU' Starring Ksenia Solo And Diego Boneta". Prnewswire.com. 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Lesley Goldberg. "'Lost Girl' Favorite Boards AMC's 'Turn' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- ""Lost Girl" star Ksenia Solo to join "Orphan Black" - AfterEllen". AfterEllen.
- "APTN Programs Win Gemini Awards - Broadcaster Magazine". Broadcaster Magazine. 22 November 2005. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "APTN Series Wins Gemini Award - Broadcaster Magazine". Broadcaster Magazine. 20 October 2006. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "26th Annual Gemini Awards 2011". geminiawards.tribute.ca. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "2013 nominees" (PDF). backalleyfilms.ca. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- Petski, Denise (November 21, 2017). "'Blue Book': Michael Harney & Ksenia Solo Join Robert Zemeckis-Produced UFO Series At History". Deadline.com. Retrieved November 21, 2017.