Kshudhita Pashan is a Bengali drama film directed by Tapan Sinha and produced by Hemen Ganguly based on an 1895 short story of Rabindranath Tagore in the same name (Eng: "Hungry Stones"). This film was released in 1960 and received National Film Award for Second Best Feature Film. Music direction was done by Ustad Ali Akbar Khan.
A young tax collector posted in a small town. He starts to reside in an abandoned old palace which is rumoured as haunted. Local people tries to restrain him that whoever have attempted to stay there, either gone mad or dead because the stones of the building are hungry. He realizes one mysteriously beautiful lady roams in the building at night.
- Bhatia, Uday (4 July 2014). "Ghosts who act". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "Poetry on the big screen". thehindu.com. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Eternal magic of Tagore's music, stories inspires filmmakers". deccanherald.com. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "NFDC to bring out DVD set of films based on Tagore's stories". Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Charge of the youth brigade at the 39th Patton Argus Open Quiz, with The Telegraph". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 31 July 2018.