The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, United States|
Kuapay (stylized KuaPay), is a defunct Santa Monica, California-based payment service provider that combined a digital wallet and mobile payments. The company developed one of the first foreign third-party payment apps to go live in China, and was reportedly the official mobile payments provider in Chile.
By 2013, Kuapay was used by over 600 merchants in the United States.
Kuapay was available both in the U.S. and internationally with significant merchant adoption in Santa Monica, California, New York City, Chile, Spain, Colombia, Panama, and the United Kingdom, with trials including franchises such as KFC, and Telepizza.
The Kuapay system allowed consumers to present a one-time QR code to a merchant, authorize a purchase, and receive a receipt. Credit card information was not transmitted in the QR code, increasing safety. The system also included location-based coupons and loyalty marketing. This one-time mechanism increased security over presenting a credit card number.
- "KuaPay is banking on China to fatten its share of the mobile wallet market". qz.com. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-06-08.
- Ohngren, Kara (2011-12-01). "Will This Payment App Make You Ditch Your Wallet?". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Simon, Geoff (31 August 2012). "Kuapay Gets $4Mil, Expands Mobile Payments to NYC". Technorati. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Perez, Sarah (27 June 2012). "Mobile Payments Startup Kuapay Grabs $4 Million Investment, Readies Global Expansion". TechCrunch. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Jarvey, Natalie (7 June 2013). "Kuapay Updates Mobile Wallet Features". Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Van Grove, Jennifer (15 August 2011). "Kuapay Lets Mobile Users Pay With QR Codes". Mashable. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Perez, Sarah (5 June 2013). "Mobile Wallet Kuapay Gets An Upgrade, Reaches 600 Locations Through Trials With KFC & Others". TechCrunch. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Telepizza adopta la tecnología de pagos móviles de Kuapay". ABC.es (in Spanish). 10 June 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Wakoba, Sam (6 June 2013). "Mobile Wallet Solution Kuapay Unveils New Interface & Features For User Security". TechZulu.com. Retrieved 17 June 2013.