This article possibly contains original research. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||TYO: 6326|
OTC Pink: KUBTY
TOPIX 100 Component
Nikkei 225 Component
(February 1890 )
|Headquarters||2-47, Shikitsuhigashi 1-chome, Naniwa-ku, Osaka 556-8601 Japan|
|Masatoshi Kimata, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||$ 14.7 billion (FY 2014) (¥ 1,508 billion) (FY 2014)|
|$ 1.28 billion (FY 2014) (¥ 131.66 billion) (FY 2014)|
Number of employees
|38,291 (consolidated as of March 31, 2017)|
|Footnotes / references|
Kubota Corporation (株式会社クボタ Kabushiki-kaisha Kubota) is a tractor and heavy equipment manufacturer based in Osaka, Japan. One of its notable contributions was to the construction of the Solar Ark. The company was established in 1890.
The company produces many products including tractors and agricultural equipment, engines, construction equipment, vending machines, pipe, valves, cast metal, pumps and equipment for water purification, sewage treatment and air conditioning.
Kubota engines are in both diesel and gasoline or spark ignition forms, ranging from the tiny 0.276 liter engine to 6.1 liter engine, in both air-cooled and-liquid cooled designs, naturally-aspirated and forced induction. Cylinder configurations are from single cylinder to inline six cylinders, with single cylinder to four cylinder are the most common. Those engines are widely used in agricultural equipment, construction equipment, tractors, and marine propulsion.
Founded in February 1890 by Gonshiro Kubota in Osaka as the Oide foundry (大出鋳造所, Ōide Chūzō-jo), the business changed name in 1897 and became the Kubota ironwork (久保田鉄工所, Kubota tekkō-jo) working on pipes, taps, and fire fight materials. Twenty years later, production moved to a new plant in Amagasaki in the Hyōgo prefecture.
- "Corporate Data". Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 8, 2014. Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- Peddie, Jon (June 13, 2013). The History of Visual Magic in Computers: How Beautiful Images are Made in CAD, 3D, VR and AR. Springer Science+Business Media. p. 163. ISBN 978-1-4471-4932-3.
- "TOPIX Large70 Components" (PDF). Japan Exchange Group. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 13, 2013. Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved August 2, 2014.