|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kuchlak (or Kuchlagh) is a town near Quetta, in the province of Balochistan, Pakistan. It is governed by a union council in Chiltan Town, Quetta. Kuchlak is home to Halaqa Number 61, one of the largest halaqas in Quetta. Kuchlak is well known for summer fruits such as apples and peaches; however, soil aridity is a problem. Vegetables grown in the valley include tomatoes, potatoes, onions and turnips.
Kuchlak has a continental arid climate with great variation between summer and winter temperatures. Summer highs can reach 40 °C (104 °F), while winter temperatures can drop to −19 °C (−2 °F). Summer begins in late May and continues until early September, with average temperatures ranging from 24–26 °C (75–79 °F). Autumn runs from late September to mid-November, with average temperatures in the 12–18 °C (54–64 °F) range. Winter starts in late November and ends in late March, with average temperatures near 4–5 °C (39–41 °F) and snow during the months of January and February. Spring starts in early April and ends in late May, with average temperatures close to 15 °C (59 °F). Unlike most of Pakistan, Kuchlak does not have a monsoon with sustained, heavy rainfall; snowfall during the winter months is the principal mode of precipitation.
Arbab Ghulam Ali Kasi Government Inter College is the only institute of higher learning in Kuchlak. There are three boys' public high schools, two girls' high schools and many primary and middle schools. Several private educational institutions and schools also exist in the town. For higher education, most students are travel over 25 km daily to Quetta (the nearest city) for study in tertiary educational institutions such as:
- University of Balochistan (UOB)
- Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS)
- Iqra University
- Government Science College, Quetta
- Government Degree College
- Bolan Medical College and Hospital
- Al Hamd University
- Government Girls' Degree College, Quetta
- Government Girls' Degree College, Quarry Road, Quetta
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women's University (Brewery Road Western Bypass, Quetta
- Noble Institute of Computer Programming kuchlak.
There are all Pashtun tribes living in Kuchlak; tribes with the largest population are the Sargarhei Kakar and other Kakar tribes.
Malak baz mohammad khan kakar Mehterzai Late was the Malak of kuchlak.Now his sons are the real Malak of kuchlak.Malak shams ud din khan Kakar is the most eminent of his sons.He is the current leader of Kakar jamhori party.Malak Baz Mohammed family has been the most prominent of all for many years and is very respected in Kuchlak.It can be said that Kuchlak is their town.
- Tareen. Late Sardar Naik Mohammad Tareen
- Achakzai (Asakzai)
The following sports are popular:
- Crickettiger cricket club
- FootballAman Shaheed fc Kuclak
- Volleyball sami khan yousafzai
- Horseback riding
- Buz-Kashi (new in north Kuchlak)
- Wrestling (Ghaiza in Balochi)
Of these sports cricket, football, volleyball, bodybuilding, and cycling are the most popular.
- Qilla Abdullah
- Qilla Saifullah