|Headquarters||ul. Nowy Świat 39|
|Youth wing||Kukiz'15 Youth Clubs|
|Political position||Right-wing to far-right|
25 / 460
0 / 100
0 / 51
0 / 552
Kukiz'15 is a political movement in Poland led by punk rock musician turned politician Paweł Kukiz. It is an association, which is not registered as a political party, and has coordinated with the far-right National Movement party. It has been described as "anti-establishment", as a "broad coalition [lacking] programmatic coherence", as right-wing and far-right. After elections in 2015 K'15 has started moving to more moderate right, it has ended coalition with Far-right organisations and politicians and changed his attitude eg. towards the European Union or Civil Unions.
The key postulates are:
- Eliminating the monopoly of political parties in parliament ("destroying particracy")
- Electoral reform from a proportional representation to first past the post
- Separation of government, courts and parliament
- Protection of civic liberties
- Introduction of obligatory referendums
The movement was founded after Kukiz stood in the 2015 presidential election, winning 21% of the vote and coming in third during the election's first round. Kukiz's primary issue during the election was the replacement of Poland's proportional representation electoral system with single member constituencies, which was the subject of a referendum in September 2015.
The movement is particularly popular among young people: Kukiz won 42% among voters aged 18 to 29 in the 2015 presidential election.
On April 2016, the National Movement leadership decided to end its collaboration with Kukiz'15 and instructed its MPs to leave the Kukiz'15 parliamentary club, but only one MP followed party instructions. These ones, who stayed in Kukiz'15, together with a few other Kukiz' MPs, formed National Democracy (Endecja).
There was a Sejm scandal in April 2016. Kornel Morawiecki of Kukiz'15 left his Sejm member card in the voting device when he felt sick and went out from the debating hall and then Małgorzata Zwiercan voted for him. After this he left Kukiz'15 and launched a new party Free and Solidary (Wolni i Solidarni) along with two other Kukiz'15 MPs.
In February 2017, three Kukiz'15 MPs left the group and became a parliamentary representation of the association "Republicans" (Republikanie).
In February 2018, Paweł Kukiz apologised for having introduced the nationalists into the Sejm.
|Election year||Number of
overall seats won
42 / 460
|Election year||% of
overall seats won
0 / 552
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2015). "Poland". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- Sawicka, Joanna; Skibicki, Juliusz; Szacki, Wojciech. "Kto jest kim u Kukiza". polityka.pl. Polityka. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- The newsletter of the Suddex European Institute, Autumn 2015, p. 10
- Paul Kubicek (2017). European Politics. Taylor & Francis. p. 179. ISBN 978-1-317-20638-5.
- Michael Minkenberg (2017). The Radical Right in Eastern Europe: Democracy under Siege?. Palgrave Macmillan US. p. 74. ISBN 978-1-137-56332-3.
- Enes Bayraklı; Farid Hafez, eds. (2016). European Islamophobia Report 2015. SETA. p. 430. ISBN 978-605-4023-68-4.
- Tom Lansford, ed. (2017). Political Handbook of the World 2016-2017. SAGE Publications. p. 1219. ISBN 978-1-5063-2715-0.
- Leruth, Benjamin; Startin, Nicholas; Usherwood, Simon (2017). The Routledge Handbook of Euroscepticism. Routledge. ISBN 9781315463995.
- Nardelli, Alberto (22 October 2015). "Polish elections 2015: a guide to the parties, polls and electoral system". The Guardian.
- Napieralski, Bartosz (2017). Political Catholicism and Euroscepticism: The Deviant Case of Poland in Comparative Perspective. Routledge. p. 115. ISBN 9781315281674.
- "The Cult of Kukiz | The Krakow Post". The Krakow Post. 7 September 2015.
- "Poland's rock star-politician: What happened to Paweł Kukiz?".
- "Ruch Narodowy kończy współpracę z Kukiz'15".
- "Kornel Morawiecki odchodzi z Kukiz'15".
- "Wyborcza.pl". wyborcza.pl.
- "Kukiz na lewackim kursie".
- "Kukiz: narodził się ruch, który przywróci państwo obywatelom". pikio.pl (in Polish). 2015-10-25. Retrieved 2015-10-31.
- "official site".
- "winnicki o zmianie konstytucji powrot do klasycznego trojpodzialu wladzy".
- Aleks, Szczerbiak (15 May 2015). "What does Paweł Kukiz's election success mean for Polish politics?". London School of Economics. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Wąsik, Zosia (6 May 2015). "Ex-rock star is third most popular candidate for Polish presidency". Financial Times. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Moskwa, Wojciech (16 July 2015). "Rock Star's Campaign Burns Out in Boost to Polish Opposition". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Radikale Nationalisten im polnischen Parlament Der Standard, October 27, 2015 ‹See Tfd›(in German)
- "Narodowcy opuszczają klub Kukiza, ale czterech zostaje. "Jedność Ruchu Narodowego jest fikcją"".
- "Powstaje Stowarzyszenie "Endecja"".
- "Onet.pl". onet.pl.