22 September 1968 |
|Political party||Indian National Congress (Earlier HJC(BL) which merged in 2016 |
|Children||2 sons and 1 daughter|
|Residence||New Delhi, Hisar|
|As of 19 June, 2013|
Kuldeep Bishnoi (born 22 September 1968) was a member of the 15th Lok Sabha representing the Hisar constituency in Haryana, North India and is the President of Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) (HJC) party. Prior to this, he was elected to the 14th Lok Sabha and had represented the constituency of Bhiwani. Presently he is MLA from Mandi Adampur, Hisar district, Haryana.
In August 2014, he formed an alliance with Venod Sharma to strengthen his position for forthcoming assembly elections.
Bishnoi and his father, Bhajan Lal, founded the HJC (BL) regional political party in the Indian state of Haryana. The party fielded candidates in 89 of the 90 constituencies for the state assembly elections held in October 2009 and won six of those seats. In negotiations that followed the election, five of the six elected representatives transferred their support to the Indian National Congress in exchange for ministerial positions. He contested the 2009 Haryana Assembly Elections from Adampur and defeated Jai Prakash, a Congress candidate and former Union Minister.
2011 Hisar by-election
Kuldeep Bishnoi won the Hisar 2011 Lok Sabha by-election, following the death of his father. Ajay Singh Chautala of the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) and Jai Prakash of the governing Congress party were among the numerous candidates who were defeated. Prakash and 38 others lost their deposits. The election gained national attention because it occurred during the 2011 Indian anti-corruption movement.
2014 elections: party alliance
In September 2013, Bishnoi declared his support for the Bharitya Janta Party by backing the party's Prime Ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi with his party (Haryana Janhit Congress BL) support. He also ruled out the possibility of his return to Congress, who had offered him posts twice, which he had refused to take up.
2016 party merger
- "Haryana Janhit Congress Party President Kuldeep Bishnoi pays courtesy visit to Gujarat CM". DeshGujarat. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Shri Kuldeep Bishnoi, MP Loksabha Hisar, Haryana : Hindustan Pages : Business Directory of India". Hindustan Pages. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Members Bioprofile". Parliament of India. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "2009 Lok Sabha Elections in Haryana: An Analysis". Mainstream Weekly. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Sukhbir Siwach, TNN 18 Sep 2011, 05.46am IST (18 September 2011). "Hisar bypoll: Jai Parkash fights for survival". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Anna effect: Cong nominee, 37 others lose deposit in Hisar". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 October 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 August 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-28.