|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)|
居林 (simplified Chinese)
|Granted municipality status||2001|
|• Tuan Yang DiPertua MPKK||Tn. Abdul Aziz Bin Haji Abdul Ghani AMK, BCK|
|• Density||590/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+8)|
|• Summer (DST)||Not observed (UTC)|
|International dialling code prefix||+6044 (landline only)|
The Kulim’s independence clock was officiated by the Sultan of Kedah (15 September 1957) and serves as the unofficial landmark for the city of Kulim. The construction of the clock was completed within 3 months and upon completion, was made formalized by DYMM Tuanku Sultan Badlishah Ibni Almarhum Yang Di Pertuan Paduka Seri Sultan Abdul Hamid Shah, KOM, CMG, KBE Sultan Kedah on 15 September 1957, or 2 weeks after the declaration of independence of Malaysia (31 August 1957).
People from Kulim
- Ismail Omar, formerly the 9th Inspector General of Royal Malaysian Police, currently Malaysian ambassador to France.
- Gary Steven Robbat, professional football player for Johor Darul Takzim F.C.
- Suppiah Chanturu, professional football player for Johor Darul Takzim F.C.
- Muhammad Akram Mahinan, professional football player for Johor Darul Takzim II F.C.
- Kulim Landmark Central (Giant Hypermarket and The Store is anchor tenants)
- Kulim Granted City Status , Kulim’s Municipal council History. October 31, 2010. Archived October 20, 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Website of Kulim municipal, Population data published by Kulim municipal
- Kulim’s Background, Laman Web Rasmi Majlis Perbandaran Kulim (Official Website of Kulim Government). January 16, 2010.
- Kulim’s City Centre, Kulim’s Municipal council website-Kulim’s Background October 31, 2010.
- "Tan Sri Haji Ismail Bin Haji Omar" (in Malay). Royal Malaysian Police. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kulim.|