Kulja, Western Australia
Kulja grain receival point, 2014
|Population||93 (2006 Census)|
|Elevation||321 m (1,053 ft)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Koorda|
|State electorate(s)||Central Wheatbelt|
The area was charted in 1908 and the Indigenous Australian name of a local soak was recorded as Kulja. The townsite was originally established in the late 1920s as part of a railway siding on the Ejanding North Railway line. The townsite was gazetted in 1928 once a large enough local population had settled in the area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Kulja (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 October 2008.
- Western Australian Land Information Authority. "History of country town names – K". Retrieved 7 October 2008.
- "CBH receival sites" (PDF). 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Dzelme, John (1976) Place and Date Stamps of Western Australia, p. 103 Perth, W.A: published by the author
- "Country elevators". The West Australian (Perth: National Library of Australia). 6 July 1932. p. 10. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
Media related to Kulja, Western Australia at Wikimedia Commons